Opening Content of Gospel Library on Kindle and Samsung 7

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
w0j0

Re: Opening Content of Gospel Library on Kindle and Samsung 7

Post by w0j0 »

Last night I opened my Kindle HD 8 and the Gospel Library app is there, but looks different. I tapped it and it said it needed to be loaded. I found this strange, but tapped to download. An orange line shows progress, then says installing, then says there is an error. I’ve tried downloading at my home and at the church, but it doesn’t work. Anybody have any clues?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

What was the text of the error?
What button did you tap to download – was that in the Amazon Appstore, or was it a button inside Gospel Library?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rdcrisco

Post by rdcrisco »

I was planning to buy a Kindle Fire but found out that the Gospel Library does not work on a kindle. Has that changed in the last 6 months? Some people complained about the Kindle fire downloading the Gospel Library but not able to run.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

rdcrisco wrote:I was planning to buy a Kindle Fire but found out that the Gospel Library does not work on a kindle. Has that changed in the last 6 months? Some people complained about the Kindle fire downloading the Gospel Library but not able to run.
Gospel Library works on Kindle Fire devices that are running Android 4.2 or greater (so, Fire OS 4 or 5). It's not supported on older Kindle Fire devices (2 Nephi 7:11 seems applicable here :) ) or non-Fire Kindles.
rdcrisco

Post by rdcrisco »

I went out this afternoon and bought a new Fire HD8 with Alexa. The device was easy to setup(after resetting the amazon account). I was able to download the Gospel Library from the Amazon store and install with no issues. I am currently reading scriptures and watch church videos also with no issues.
PODiedrichSr

Post by PODiedrichSr »

Gospel Library on Kindle wouldn't allow downloading content after it got erased again - it does it every month or so. Could not down load. I deleted it and reloaded it and now it keeps saying 'failed to create download directory'. This application used to be very good but has been getting worse and worse about deleting all content over the past few months. WIFI is not adequate at chapel to handle all the load so I download my content. Now I can't even VIEW content, let alone download it. (I'm trying at home where I have a fast internet.) How can this be fixed? Can't use phone because it is Windows and not compatible with the current version of Windows Gospel Library. Such a waste of a previously excellent facility!
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

This is the exact error I started getting as well...... My Kindle is reporting that it can't access/create the download folder when attempting to download.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

PODiedrichSr wrote:Gospel Library on Kindle wouldn't allow downloading content after it got erased again - it does it every month or so. Could not down load. I deleted it and reloaded it and now it keeps saying 'failed to create download directory'.
johnshaw wrote:This is the exact error I started getting as well...... My Kindle is reporting that it can't access/create the download folder when attempting to download.
What version of Android are your Kindles running? (Or what version of Fire OS?)
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

5.6.0.0 for me
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

johnshaw wrote:5.6.0.0 for me
OK, Fire OS 5.6.0.0 is based on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), so it should be 100% supported by Gospel Library...

Return to “Android Gospel Library”