App doesn't stay on chapter that I last read

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
hardyr4

App doesn't stay on chapter that I last read

Post by hardyr4 »

This has been going on for a few updates for me now. I'll be reading scriptures in the Library app. And say I finished chapter 5 and am now on chapter 6. When I open the app the next day to continue reading, the app opens up to chapter 5, or another previous chapter, instead of chapter 6. It's quite frustrating.
russellpgray

Re: App doesn't stay on chapter that I last read

Post by russellpgray »

I second this. My wife and I have had this issue for maybe a couple years now. A while anyway. For one thing, when I have a few screens open, and I finish a session on one screen, I will return later and that is not the screen that comes up. Another random screen from the ones I have open will be the first to come up in a new session. This is a minor inconvenience, but was not an issue several versions ago.

But a worse problem is that even a given screen thumbnail may show different content than what shows up when I open the screen (such as a previous chapter) but when I open the screen it's actually in the right place.

But worse still (and more common), as was mentioned by hardyr4, when I open a given screen, the content often is a chapter behind or even much more.

Another issue, related to both these, is sometimes, the default screen that the app chooses to open to when starting a new session (almost never the one I finished on last session), will NOT go away. I can delete that screen (and sometimes even additional screens) but each time I start a new session, it will still open up to that screen, despite having deleted it. Eventually (after weeks or days of this) that screen will finally delete and another will take it's place as the landing screen. But until then, multiple copies of that screen appear in the screens tab for each time I reopen the app. (Currently I have 5 thumbnails for that offending screen in my screens tab).

These issues do interfere with study. Though I am grateful for the app it sure would be nice to finally have this fixed if possible? I am more than willing to help in any way I can.

Gospel library version 5.2.3, Android version 8.1.0.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”