Stuck on endless update

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
dara1hunter

Stuck on endless update

Post by dara1hunter »

I've tried to install GL now a few times, each months apart, but give up each attempt due to the app getting stuck at about 1/3 "updates". I have over 1G left space on my phone, Galaxy J7 Prime, android v. 8.1. The app installs fine each time, but I can never move past this particular screen (please see attachment). I don't believe it is a beta version. I should mention it gets stuck on the initial open each time. I have also gone straight to the LDS site and tried to view scriptures, but clicking each one tells me to download the language format, then bring up a connection error. However, my data is fine, I can browse thw internet and I just updated other apps a bit ago with no issues.

I've searched for the problem and found many similar, but those were all years ago and nothing suggested there helps my case. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Screenshot_20191005-233709_Gospel Library.jpg
Stuck screen
(88.73 KiB) Not downloaded yet
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Stuck on endless update

Post by sbradshaw »

There was an update to Android Gospel Library on Tuesday, version 5.3.0. There were some fixes that had to do with connectivity on certain networks. Is that the version of the app you're running?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”