October 2018 conference missing

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
daniel.standage

October 2018 conference missing

Post by daniel.standage »

A few days after the October 2018 conference, I opened up the app and got one of those “new content” notifications for the Oct 2018 conference content. I was using the app for something else at the moment, however, so I pressed the “Later” button. Since then I have been unable to download the content. I’ve restarted the app, I’ve “Download All”-d the general conference content, but nothing is making it show up. What can I do to get the latest conference in the app?
lfanelli

Re: October 2018 conference missing

Post by lfanelli »

Select Library then General Conference. You should see an October 2018. I had to select each speaker and then hit download. Make sure you have enough space on your device! The Saturday General Women's Session took up over 1.49 GB

~Lyle
daniel.standage

Select Library then General Conference. You should see an October 2018.
Yes, I should see October 2018. But I don’t. That’s the problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Do you see April 2018?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
klricks

Post by klricks »

lfanelli wrote:Select Library then General Conference. You should see an October 2018. I had to select each speaker and then hit download. Make sure you have enough space on your device! The Saturday General Women's Session took up over 1.49 GB

~Lyle
Unless you want to view the talks later without an Internet connection then there is no need to download the video or audio files. The text of the entire conference is only kilobytes and will download in less than a second. Then if you have an Internet connection you can play the video of the talk(s) without having to save anything more on your device.
Assistant Ward Clerk
daniel.standage

Do you see April 2018?
Yes I do.
Unless you want to view the talks later without an Internet connection then there is no need to download the video or audio files.
Correct. My problem has nothing to do with audio or video. I cannot see the text for any of the October 2018 general conference talks, or an icon for that session of conference.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

daniel.standage wrote:
Do you see April 2018?
Yes I do.
There goes that theory. Some version of GL lost support at the beginning of the year. I don't think we've moved to yet another content store.

Silly question, on the screen that lists the conferences, did you pull down to update the list?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
daniel.standage

on the screen that lists the conferences, did you pull down to update the list?
Yes I did. No dice.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

What version of Gospel Library are you running (you can check in Gospel Library settings)?
What version of iOS is your device running?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
daniel.standage

iOS 12.0.1

LDS Library app 5.0.1 50621

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”