Win 10 App Porting

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
ThomasLDS01

Win 10 App Porting

Post by ThomasLDS01 »

OK I'm no programmer I maintain a few VBA macro's in excel and database updaters for work but I'm a decided amateur.

I've seen windows 10 is supporting Java and c++ from droid and objective c from apple so developers don't have to code win apps from scratch.

Is this going to make the job of bring the windows App in line with droid and ios easier? Would it be easier for devs to rework the ios or droid App for win 10.

I'm curious as my phone contract is up in a couple months and I'm seriously tempted to get a win 10 phone. I've been an inside tester on win 10 and I love it. I run the gospel library apps and lds tools on my laptop and they're great. Just missing the Mormon channel.
ToManyLetters

Re: Win 10 App Porting

Post by ToManyLetters »

We have considered looking at Project Islandwood for apps that Windows does not yet have, including Mormon Channel. However, despite how easy Microsoft makes it look in their demos, such pieces of tech are very rarely "click a button and it magically works." We have no comment beside that at this time.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”