Gospel Living App Beta Test

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
lightingbryan

Gospel Living App Beta Test

Post by lightingbryan »

I had the wonderful opportunity to alpha/beta test the Gospel Library and Gospel Tools app before they were available to the public. It was a great honor.

Is the new Children and Youth app "Gospel Living" also doing an open beta to help find bugs? I would love having the honor of testing this new app. I'm so excited for the possibilities and believe it will help strengthen families. I'm very tied into the social media scene and have worked with my famous influencers who create content, I have seen both sides of the coin as a consumer and creator. And this new app is going to have a HUGE impact on our youth. They need a safe place to communicate and be able to express their thoughts. Social media is so full of worldly influences. This will be a pivotal change for the church as a whole. Just like the Gospel Library. And I want to be a part of it!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Living App Beta Test

Post by lajackson »

lightingbryan wrote:Is the new Children and Youth app "Gospel Living" also doing an open beta to help find bugs?
I do not know for certain, but I would think that the new app is being beta tested by the stakes participating in the actual pilot program.

And since the app is expected to be rolled out within two months (January 2020), I do not expect that the developers are looking for beta testers at the moment. It is also my understanding that the app is being beta tested by members of entire stakes, and not by individual testers (unless they live in a pilot stake).
albertoaflores

Post by albertoaflores »

if there is still a need, I'm happy to contribute help (beta tester), I can help in Spanish as well.
jkhowland

Post by jkhowland »

I would also love to beta test. Happy to do quality testing, or provide usability feedback.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I believe the beta tests are by stake, not individual. You'd have to move to a stake that's in beta.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Joshvp

Post by Joshvp »

Hello I wish tester of this excellent application
Arglanir

Post by Arglanir »

The application is available globally at https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rg.lds.liv (for Android).

Is there a way to access it using a web browser (for the youth that do not have an Android Google or Apple smartphone) ?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Arglanir wrote:The application is available globally at https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rg.lds.liv (for Android).
No, it isn't. It may appear that way, but as soon as you try to associate it with a phone, you'll get a message indicating it's not available if you're in the US.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Arglanir

Post by Arglanir »

Ok sorry. I thought so. Will there be a web application when it's globally available?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Arglanir wrote:Ok sorry. I thought so. Will there be a web application when it's globally available?
Not that I've heard of. But then, I'm not "in the know" on that.

Return to “Gospel Living App”