Schedule Building

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bsummie

Schedule Building

Post by bsummie »

My wife is the primary president of our ward and last night she was scheduling her primary activities online and it gave her a chance to schedule the building (ie resources). I also have administrator access to our ward and it showed up on our reservation calender. I thought when I watched the calender training it would allow a member to put what resources would be needed, but it would still have to be approved by a building scheduler. Is there something I'm missing?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jtsummie wrote:My wife is the primary president of our ward and last night she was scheduling her primary activities online and it gave her a chance to schedule the building (ie resources). I also have administrator access to our ward and it showed up on our reservation calender. I thought when I watched the calender training it would allow a member to put what resources would be needed, but it would still have to be approved by a building scheduler. Is there something I'm missing?
There is no provision for building schedulers to approve events scheduled by calendar editors. I'm not sure what you are referring to in the training, because I don't recall anything like that being mentioned.

A building scheduler has the ability to create Reservations that allow only certain wards (or the stake unit) to create events that reserve a building or rooms in a building at a specified date/time. But once those reservations are set up, creating events that actually book the building is done on a first-come, first-served basis. The assumption is that calendar editors will schedule appropriate events, and that in the rare case where the stake or ward's scheduling priorities may differ, the building scheduler can facilitate changes to match the priorities.

So it sounds like the system is working properly, but you misunderstood something that was said in the training.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
bsummie

Post by bsummie »

I think I did miss something, because at the time I thought how redundant it was that someone else had to come back through and approve it an event. Thank you!
elisebutler

Re: Schedule Building

Post by elisebutler »

How do I find out who the Building Scheduler is for the church building at this address: 3307 S. Greenfield Rd. Gilbert, AZ ? I can't figure out how to make a reservation request. Thank you for your help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Schedule Building

Post by russellhltn »

elisebutler wrote:How do I find out who the Building Scheduler is for the church building at this address: 3307 S. Greenfield Rd. Gilbert, AZ ? I can't figure out how to make a reservation request.
I would suggest contacting the stake clerk or stake executive secretary.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”