Removing calendar administrators

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Removing calendar administrators

Post by russellhltn »

zygh wrote:Apparently, this is happening again. There is an administrator by name that I am trying to remove and, just can't get her off. I added my wife as an administrator by name and can't even remove her from the administrator list. When I click the X to remove them, the processing wheel spins endlessly. The last time I tried, I let it go for 2 days and nothing happened; they are still there. Is there anything that can be done to get them off the administrator list?
Can you verify this is still happening today? The reason I ask is that a new version of the calender was rolled out yesterday.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zygh

Post by zygh »

Just tried again, and after 10 minutes of waiting for the process wheel to stop spinning, it still hasn't stopped or deleted the person.
KenCroft

Post by KenCroft »

I am seeing the problem with removing calendar administrators - it is not working.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

KenCroft wrote:I am seeing the problem with removing calendar administrators - it is not working.
Shortly after the 2.6 version of Calendar was released, I was able to delete calendar administrators. But now I am no longer able to do so -- the webservice call to delete the administrator returns a 500 Internal Server Error. So my earlier experience gives me hope that the underlying problem is fixed, but perhaps some service just needs to get restarted.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

zygh wrote:Just tried again, and after 10 minutes of waiting for the process wheel to stop spinning, it still hasn't stopped or deleted the person.
That's weird, I thought I had posted a response, but I don't see it.

zygh, if you can go to https://www.lds.org/header and send me the text in a PM, I'll forward it to the developers. I notice that currently that "site" is returning a 500 service error, so the others may want to wait until at least mid-morning, MDT on Monday to see if that fixes it. But in zygh's case, I know that was working on Friday, so I think that's something else.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

"Header" seems to be working now. How is admin removal working?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:"Header" seems to be working now. How is admin removal working?
Admin removal is working again today. That seems to support the theory that the service that does the deletion had a temporary problem, but the actual web application code had already been fixed to support deletion. Now that the service is up and running properly, deletions work again.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

The Problem with removing admins is not actually a calendar issue it is a issue with one of the services we consume. They are working on the issue. Unfortunately we just have to wait for a bit. But I think if you try on low traffic times it might work better.
fernsten

Post by fernsten »

jeffevannelson wrote:The Problem with removing admins is not actually a calendar issue it is a issue with one of the services we consume. They are working on the issue. Unfortunately we just have to wait for a bit. But I think if you try on low traffic times it might work better.
Any updates on a fix for this? I feel like all of the LDS.org tools are suffering from one issue or another as of late. :(
retupmoc258

Post by retupmoc258 »

I am wondering about this issue as well. I have several administrators that I can't remove who were added by name and are no longer in our ward or stake. I don't know if that plays a part.

Return to “Calendar”