OSX 10.8.4, Calendar syncing just plain doesn't work

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: OSX 10.8.4, Calendar syncing just plain doesn't work

Post by russellhltn »

robert.reinhardt wrote:The link clearly specifies iCal which was a discontinued functioning name for the new Calendar when Mountain Lion (10.8) was released.
Interesting. I'll pass that along, but I wonder how sbradshaw got his system to work?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
robert.reinhardt

Post by robert.reinhardt »

Not sure, but I'm trying everything.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Can you associate the iCal extension with the calendar program?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
robert.reinhardt

Post by robert.reinhardt »

I've done some repetitive testing and it's happening on Mountain Lion 10.8 and possibly for future versions. 10.7 works fine (iCal was integrated) but now in Mountain Lion it does not work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:
robert.reinhardt wrote:The link clearly specifies iCal which was a discontinued functioning name for the new Calendar when Mountain Lion (10.8) was released.
Interesting. I'll pass that along, but I wonder how sbradshaw got his system to work?
As robert.reinhardt says, "Calendar" is the updated name for iCal, since OS X 10.8. I haven't had any hiccups other than syncing too soon...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:As robert.reinhardt says, "Calendar" is the updated name for iCal, since OS X 10.8. I haven't had any hiccups other than syncing too soon...
What it's called really shouldn't matter. The question is can it take a iCal file? Note that the same file is used for syncing Google and Microsoft Outlook, so it's not specific to an Apple product called "iCal".'

I noticed that today when I pasted it in the browser I got just a file with no extension. I thought I'd gotten one with a iCal extension. Not sure if that affects things.

mbsteed

Post by mbsteed »

Synching the calendar Apple calendar is not working for me. I have tried deleting the calendar recreating (numerous times), refreshing the link from the church site, trying to do this on another day. No luck. It just doesn't work with my system using 10.8.4 on my iMac. I suspect based on this thread there are probably many people unable to synch with Apple calendar.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

rjtolman wrote:The calendar will not sync automatically; you must refresh the calendar manually for any changes to appear. Correct?
I haven't verified this, but I think it may be correct. Most of the time I refresh the calendar manually anyway because I've made a change to the calendar that I want to show up.
russellhltn wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:As robert.reinhardt says, "Calendar" is the updated name for iCal, since OS X 10.8.
What it's called really shouldn't matter. The question is can it take a iCal file? Note that the same file is used for syncing Google and Microsoft Outlook, so it's not specific to an Apple product called "iCal".'
You're right, it should accept the same file. I brought it up because I thought it'd be good for the LDS.org Calendar web site team to know, so they can make the description more clear. Maybe they'll stumble upon this thread :)
mbsteed

Post by mbsteed »

Nothing I do will refresh the calendar, even if I try manually refreshing it. All I get is an error in Apple Calendar saying that it can't synch even when it seems to initially work, I am able to put the address into a Calendar subscription and it seems to be okay with that but then no events gets synched (no events show up) and from then on I get the error saying it can't synch (an Explanation point).
mbsteed

Post by mbsteed »

It was working a while back (maybe 6 months or more)..... but not now.

Return to “Calendar”