LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mnmpeterson

Re: LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Post by mnmpeterson »

My ward calendars will not automatically send out notifications the day before events. Before anyone asks:
Yes, I verified that I am subscribed to the calendar.
Yes, I marked the event to send a notification 1 day before.
Yes, I checked my email spam folder for the emails.

It will send an immediate notification if I choose Now as the option for sending notifications and create/update the event. But it won’t send notifications before each event if it repeats.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mnmpeterson wrote:It will send an immediate notification if I choose Now as the option for sending notifications and create/update the event. But it won’t send notifications before each event if it repeats.
It's a known issue that "now" tends to work while "later" if iffy. I haven't seen anyone mention repeating events, but that does seem like a logical factor.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:It's a known issue that "now" tends to work while "later" is iffy.
The only thing to be done is to continue to report it through Feedback. Perhaps one of these millennia they will have the time, resources, and priority to fix it.

It would be a wonderful feature to have if only it was reliable and dependable.
jilloney

Post by jilloney »

It seems email notifications are still unreliable--4 years after the last post here. This is very disheartening. This would be a great feature if it were dependable! I have had several notifications over the last year (and one just a week ago) that did not send, even when I selected "send now." But I did get an email notification sent out last month for a repeated event that I forgot to cancel. :/ It's just hit or miss and I can't find a pattern of when it will work and when it won't.

Anyone out there able and willing to fix this really old bug?? It's way past due.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jilloney wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:29 pm It seems email notifications are still unreliable--4 years after the last post here. This is very disheartening. This would be a great feature if it were dependable! I have had several notifications over the last year (and one just a week ago) that did not send, even when I selected "send now." But I did get an email notification sent out last month for a repeated event that I forgot to cancel. :/ It's just hit or miss and I can't find a pattern of when it will work and when it won't.

Anyone out there able and willing to fix this really old bug?? It's way past due.
I don't think the question is "able and willing" as much as "allowed." We are told the developers are a very small group indeed and are not at liberty to set their own priorities. The fact that there is functionality makes me believe the Brethren feel it is useful, but the fact that it is unreliable makes me believe that fixing it isn't high enough on the priority list to invest very limited resources in the fix (yet). Of course, I'm just a regular member like everyone else and have no special knowledge of how the priorities are set. Probably the best thing we users can do is provide feedback via the church web site (the official way to report bugs and request features) and then be patient. Feedback is read and summarized for prioritization of future improvements.

Return to “Calendar”