getting reminders from the calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
famousamos

getting reminders from the calendar

Post by famousamos »

I post our Young Women activities on the ward calendar. I ask for a reminder 2 days before the activity, but I never get them. What can I do to get those reminders? Thanks --
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: getting reminders from the calendar

Post by russellhltn »

Two things:
  • On the web, click on "Choose Calendars" and make sure "Allow email reminders for calendar events" at the top is turned on
  • On the same page, locate the YW calendar and make sure the envelope icon is lit up. (That you wish to receive notifications from that calendar.)
Also, verify the email associated with your account to make sure it's current. You can check that at account.lds.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jerry.groom@gmail.com

Post by jerry.groom@gmail.com »

I am seeing this same issue. The site will not let you save the settings. I had a member go into the show calendar section to tick the "Allow email reminders" and it said saved. She signed out and signed back in and it was unchecked. I had her log in and out 4 times. The email reminders does not seem to be working across the board. I used to get the reminders but now nothing comes through.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

We have recreated this and have opened an issue to get this fixed.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

We fixed a problem today where reminders were not being sent out. We still need to fix making the overall setting be saved.
jennifert

Post by jennifert »

HI, I am not receiving emails from subscribed calendars. How can we fix this?
The envelope icon is lighted. I have others receiving emails, and others in which the priesthood leader in the home receives them instead of the sister. Is this a glitch in the system?
I'd like to be able to have emails going out to my primary activity parents about the upcoming activities but I'm not even getting them myself even as an administrator and subscribed to the different ward and stake calendars.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

They just did a update to the system today. You might want to check again.

The main thing is that each user has messages turned on in their settings as well as for each calendar they wish to receive messages from.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”