Calendar Printing Broken

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ranfordb

Calendar Printing Broken

Post by ranfordb »

Hello,

We have recently started a concerted effort of doing a better job using the calendar as the "one truth" rather than everyone (YM/YW/Bishopric etc) having their own calendar that differs. However, we can't print it today. I have tried both in Chrome and Safari, Windows and Mac, the pdf generation hasn't been working all day.

Is something down on the church website?
Attachments
CalendarError.png
(513.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar Printing Broken

Post by russellhltn »

Sundays are bad for trying to do things as the servers are stressed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ranfordb

Post by ranfordb »

Sure, understood but that's also the ideal time to do things given ward council meetings, bishopric etc. This is the first time Ive seen this problem, it looks like whatever is serving the REST api for printing is having problems.

Also, it occurred at 6:30 am EST (4:30 am Mountain Time), which I would guess is likely not the peak access time, maybe some folks in Europe are hitting the endpoint, but Utah hasn't woken up yet.
walterfwildman

Post by walterfwildman »

Today is August 13th, Tuesday. I can not get the calendar to print either. I used Chrome and Edge on my home computer, and on the Lenovo Computer at the Stake Building. The print program does not create or download the PDF file to print.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I understand they're looking at it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
benson2801

Post by benson2801 »

Calendar printing still doesn't work. I sent a feedback message last Saturday. It said I would get a response in 2-3 days. I still haven't received a response.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I know they're aware of the problem, but I'm not sure what it is or what it would take to fix it.

I have heard the process/server is "old" and needs to be replaced. As it is, it's checked and restarted as needed. It might be something broke it fatality.

dianakc

Ward Stake Calendar

Post by dianakc »

This calendar is no longer printing in full - a blank screen is displayed when I use the print button or the print in edit. No information is dicplayed. Please correct.

Thank you.
flyllek

Post by flyllek »

We have been having the same issue in our stake for a year. I tried to submit default report last year, but apparently it didn't go through or they just can't figure it out. We are trying to schedule for next year and a hard copy would be useful. Hopefully they will figure out the problem and sent a notification when we can print calendars again.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

flyllek wrote:Hopefully they will figure out the problem and sent a notification when we can print calendars again.
I'm sure they'll figure it out. But I wouldn't expect any notification outside of the forum.

Return to “Calendar”