Region or Mission Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
imcurtis

Region or Mission Calendar

Post by imcurtis »

I live in the Houston Texas area. I am in the Single Adult (30+) program. The Houston SA program was recently split into 3 groups based on the 3 mission boundaries. There is a need to calendar events that could be viewed by all Singles in this area. As far as I can find the calendar is limited to your own stake. Is there a way to do this?

I use google calendar extensively. It looks like the church calendar is very similar to Google. I have built a calendar or set of calendars that accomplish the stated goal but it would be much better if we could use the church's calendar.

I see this as an option based on membership and calling records. If a member is in either of the special groups. i.e. Singles they would have view access to the mission level calendar for their group. A calling in the Singles program would give write access. This would allow members in the Singles council to communicate across stake boundaries but would not allow the entire city wide. But it would be a start.

Is this possible?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Region or Mission Calendar

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure. I've seen clues that the code might allow it, but the calendar would have to be created and managed at a higher level - either by the mission or the area authority.

(Oh, and the SA program is 31+, not 30+)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Region or Mission Calendar

Post by CrockettDR »

No, the calendar does not support those higher levels.

Return to “Calendar”