Visibility of Location “None” events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RBeatse

Visibility of Location “None” events

Post by RBeatse »

I am not sure if this is a bug or it is working as designed (or if I am mistaken), but...

If someone creates a calendar event where the location is None, it seems that it can only be seen by someone in their Ward. I can see events from all of the events of Wards and Stake but I can’t see those without a location, unless it was added to one of the calendars in my own Ward.

Can anyone verify this? Is this the way it is supposed to work?

I only found out because someone chose that “location” on accident and then wondered how there were two events on the same evening.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Visibility of Location “None” events

Post by russellhltn »

Generally, a member sees only their own ward and stake calendars.

They can also see the "location" calendars that show all the events taking place at that location. The idea being to coordinate the use of the facility. Note that the location calendars do not sync via the iCal file, nor do they appear in Member Tools.

But yes, if a event is scheduled in a ward that is not taking place in a church building, members of other wards will not see it at all. And of course, if they fail to schedule the building, they shouldn't be surprised to find someone else is using it. User error.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RBeatse

Re: Visibility of Location “None” events

Post by RBeatse »

Thanks, it was definitely user error and they agreed. I just found the other issue while trying to help them. If it is really the way it is designed (and I can see the reason it is) then, we can close that question.

Return to “Calendar”