Full time missionary access to calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
casper684

Full time missionary access to calendar

Post by casper684 »

This is a calendar question. I didn't seem to find a good place for this topic other than an old locked topic entitled "calender permissions for full time missionaries".
I am wondering if full time missionaries have access to the calendar for the stake that they are in.
Missionaries are listed on the assigned unit list but when they tried to access calendar all they
got was the one moment please. I tried this with two different sets of missionaries and they both
got same error message. As stake center building scheduler I get calls from FT missionaries all the time
want to reserve the building for basketball with non members. Are they not able to look on the calendar
and see if it is available?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Full time missionary access to calendar

Post by jdlessley »

Moderator note: This topic split from another thread since the topics are different.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Yes, we are working on this problem. Our calendar release deployed this week seemed to have caused this. They should be able to see the calendars for their assigned proselyting units.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

casper684 wrote:Are they not able to look on the calendar and see if it is available?
Odd, my prior post seems to have disappeared.

One caution I'd have. No one should be working under the assumption that "if there's nothing, then I can use it". There's too many ways that can go wrong. Not the least of which is two people working under the same idea.

Not everyone can see all the events. The only definitive calendar is the location calendar. But it's not visible outside of the website. (Nothing in the sync or Member Tools.) Just because they don't see anything doesn't mean it's really available. Only if they schedule their event are they assured it's really available. Missionaries may need the help of the Ward Mission Leader to schedule, as I don't see a way to add the full-time missionaries as an editor.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

“ Not everyone can see all the events. The only definitive calendar is the location calendar.”

If only I could get everyone to understand this!!! :shock:
casper684

Post by casper684 »

CrockettDR wrote:Yes, we are working on this problem. Our calendar release deployed this week seemed to have caused this. They should be able to see the calendars for their assigned proselyting units.
So I just want to get this straight. They should be able to look on tools for assigned units but to see entire "location" would need to go to churchofjesuschrist.org and select location they are interested in, correct? In looking at their tools phone calendar it appears that they also can see their home unit? I just want them to be able to verify that the building is even available before they call me to schedule.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

casper684 wrote:but to see entire "location" would need to go to churchofjesuschrist.org and select location they are interested in, correct?
Yes. This is true for everyone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

thank you for clarification
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Right now, for a lot of full-time missionaries, the churchofjesuschrist.org calendar just hangs as it tried to load it. We are working on it.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

Will you reply when fixed or should I just keep asking missionaries?

Return to “Calendar”