Former Stake Presidency Councilor still getting Calendar Updates

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mrbitsch

Former Stake Presidency Councilor still getting Calendar Updates

Post by mrbitsch »

We recently had a stake presidency change, not sure if this matters but the former 1st councilor and the new 1st councilor share the same last name (but no relation). Last night the former 1st councilor contacted me to let me know that all the events getting put onto the new 1st councilors church calendar are still showing up on his iPhone.

I've instructed him on how to remove the CalDav account from his phone to stop that from happening.

The larger concern is that a previous calling holder is still getting calendar information after they've been released in the system. The new 1st councilor had used the "Regenerate URL" option when adding the calendar to his own device.

Anybody have an idea on this one?

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Former Stake Presidency Councilor still getting Calendar Updates

Post by russellhltn »

First, I assume this is a private calendar - how is this person added? By calling or by name? If it was done "by name" then it's functioning "as designed".

Also, from what I understand, the subscriptions doesn't update until the user visits the subscription page on the website. I don't think the the calendar was really designed with the idea that information was going to be that sensitive.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrbitsch

Re: Former Stake Presidency Councilor still getting Calendar Updates

Post by mrbitsch »

Yes, this is a private calendar, the person was added by calling. So the new 1st councilors name shows up under the calendars access list as 1st councilor, the previous 1st councilor doesn't show up at all on the access list, but it appears that the CalDav link still works. There are multiple people who have access (the other councilor and stake president have read access, and the stake executive secretary and assistant executive secretary (the one person on the list added by name instead of by calling) have edit access in addition to the 1st councilor)

Return to “Calendar”