Calendar Sync via CalDAV is leaking private calendar data.

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mrbitsch

Calendar Sync via CalDAV is leaking private calendar data.

Post by mrbitsch »

I've posted about this before, but since I've had a chance to do some more digging into this I wanted to create a new topic with a more descriptive subject.

We had created a private calendar for the members of our stake presidency. Each councilor has a calendar the executive secretary and asst. executive secretary uses for scheduling interviews with the councilors in the stake presidency. The permissions on these calendars are set as adding in the stake presidency and the executive secretary by calling, and the asst. executive secretary added on by individual.

New stake presidency was called. The former 1st councilor is still getting the calendar information from 'Stake 1st counselor interviews (private) '. The calendar doesn't show up on his list under https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/calendar/, and no data from that calendar is present. However when he uses the CalDAV sync URL for Auto-syned calendars, then he's getting all of the information from 'Stake 1st counselor interviews (private) '. He's not showing as having access to that calendar, and his access had been granted by calling.

We've tried resetting the sync URL and deleting and re-adding the calendar to his iCalendar account, the extra data continues to sync.

It appears there is a bug in the CalDAV sync system where it is still syncing calendars that aren't present on the web accessible calendar. Our next step was going to be to delete the calendar and recreate it, but since we believe this is a bug in the calendaring sync system we wanted to give the coders a chance to investigate this bug before we do that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar Sync via CalDAV is leaking private calendar data.

Post by russellhltn »

Just to be clear, the former 1st counselor has visited the calendar web page since being released?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrbitsch

Post by mrbitsch »

Hmm... was told my post had to be approved by the admins and I'd be notified when that happened, and never saw an email that it had been posted, and now I see that you replied in just over 5 min....

Correct the former 1st counselor has visited the calendar web page since being released. He went ahead and recreated the CalDAV URL, and then removed the former URL from his iPhone and then added the newly created one (and we did this again when I went over to his house to investigate this with him). The 1st counselor calendar does not show up on the calendar web page, but the CalDAV sync still includes all the 1st counselor calendar data.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Back in January, I was told later it was a known problem and they were working on it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”