The Beta Calendar is Up

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

There is an issue in Jira for auto-subscribing to public calendars, it appears that it will be implemented in the next release.
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
dobrichelovek

Calendar creation not working currently.

Post by dobrichelovek »

I am guessing that this is in line with the same issue that is causing the Directory issues that we're currently seeing, but calendars cannot be created right now. It looks like it's getting hung up on the part that relies upon the membership data for editors and viewers. Also, the menu has question marks in it when you're on certain screens of the beta site. It seems to indicate brokenness at this point.

Existing calendars can get events added, but I cannot create or modify existing calendars. Now I bet people are going to wonder why I made such a big deal about these calendars at ward council. :D

Beta. Got it. :)

Hope it will get resolved soon.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

I have only been using the Beta calendar for a couple of weeks and plan to introduce it to the Ward Council this Sunday. I wish the print functions worked but, until then, I'm able to "subscribe" to the calendar in iCal (on the Mac) and print it from there. However, that combines all of the calendars into one and takes away the color coding that would separate ward stuff from stake stuff. Also, I've had to create my own version of a stake calendar because, it seems, the stake isn't using the Beta calendar yet.

I wish I could never bother with the old calendar anymore. The new one is so much better! So, please, activate the print function.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dobrichelovek wrote:... calendars cannot be created right now. It looks like it's getting hung up on the part that relies upon the membership data for editors and viewers.
Hope it will get resolved soon.
I duplicated this problem last night (excellent analysis of the issue, by the way), but am happy to report that it seems to be working fine now. (The directory seems to be fixed at the same time, as reported here.)
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dwh33

Post by dwh33 »

I am excited for our ward to start using the new calendar system. Consequently, I created a few calendars this week, but did not make them private in hopes that all members could view them. When my wife logs in to the calendar, it is up and running for her, but when she goes to subscriptions, no calendars are available for her to subscribe to. Is there something I should do differently when creating a calendar, or does this fall under the authentication issue that is affecting the directory? Thanks in advance for your help!
jbowne

When will new calendar and other great new stuff be available?

Post by jbowne »

I love the new calendar functionality and was wondering when is the go live for the new calendar and other new tools as well? I remember looking at the new Home Teaching / Visiting Teaching website as well. Of course the big one is when will MLS be available over the internet so HP/EQ/RS don't need to drive to the ward / stake buildings to enter in information for visits / changes in companionships etc..?

thanks,
Jason Bowne
GrasseDD

Beta Calendar working?

Post by GrasseDD »

Maybe because it's still "beta" it's not foolproof yet.
It shows I am logged in, and I can see the calendars I previously created, but cannot add an event or a new calendar. The "Select Subscription" page is empty.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

duanegrasse wrote:Maybe because it's still "beta" it's not foolproof yet.
It shows I am logged in, and I can see the calendars I previously created, but cannot add an event or a new calendar. The "Select Subscription" page is empty.
It's working fine for me once I login. I can see all the calendars on the Select Subscription page, and I can add events to existing calendars or new calendars.

When you say that you "cannot add an event", what do you mean? Do you get an error message when you click the Add Event button? Or do you not see that button? Or are you describing what happens when you click on a date in the month view or drag a time range in the week view?

Perhaps it has something to do with the permissions associated with your calling. I am an assistant stake clerk, and also the stake website administrator.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mprusse

Down today

Post by mprusse »

I'm getting the "spin" on the beta calendar this afternoon. Anyone else having this issue?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

macsense wrote:I'm getting the "spin" on the beta calendar this afternoon. Anyone else having this issue?
Same here. Firebug indicates it's getting an error 500 (internal server error) when requesting https://beta.lds.org/church-calendar/se ... 320799000/.

Return to “Calendar”