Training videos for new calendar?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kmertlich

Post by kmertlich »

Nice presentation.... Thanks
gsgentry

Post by gsgentry »

I agree that it would be much easer for the members to be personally trained by someone that understood the new calendar. However, it will be very slow progress. But I fell any other method is going to be extravagant duplication of effort and wasted time when it seems that perhaps the church could have a short and generic PowerPoint or a video presentation. However I am excited the members of the wards and stake to begin using this wonderful tool.
If someone wanted to share their PowerPoint slides, that could be nice and reduce duplication of effort.
The bottom line is that it is up to us administrators to begin, at the very least, a quite and methodical campaign training others how to use this and promote the use of the calendar.
I am trying out Camtasia Studio, using the free 30 day trial they offer. ( http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia ) It can create videos using a screen casting method or screen capturing . It allows you to edit the project after you record it.

I reiterate that it would be better to be trained personally by someone that knows, but as we look for other solutions to assist us the trainning of others, it would be nice if the church could produce some kind of generic video or presentation that members could learn from. It is not rocket science, but I find that some members are frigthened and confused and simply will not use it.
Thanks,

Geoffrey Gentry
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

Thanks for sharing! Hope it's OK if I made some modifications for an overview presentation to my stake. Should I give credit to someone other than "Brother Webb"?
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

preston.baxter wrote:Thanks for sharing! Hope it's OK if I made some modifications for an overview presentation to my stake. Should I give credit to someone other than "Brother Webb"?

Make any changes you would like. As far as credit, my name is Reed Beatse (Bates) from South Jordan, Utah but Brother Webb is fine also. Feel free to take the credit yourself also, you're the one that doing the presentation. Good Luck!!

Return to “Calendar”