Location Field - Resource Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
srasay2

Location Field - Resource Calendar

Post by srasay2 »

Does anyone know how to setup access to the Location field on the Calendar?

I am a new building scheduler, and we are on a temple site so it is busy year round with receptions and the normal stake/ward usage. Trying to get a handle on the schedule would be easier in Excel - but when I export the CSV file, I have 2 unused fields I want to be able to make use of. Most important is the Location field, the other is the Event Type - all but a few show up as Type 1000 - how is this determined?

Anyway - I want to create some additional functionality, but I cannot see where I can enable this field on the resource management area.

Sample of the CSV dump:

event id,event type,start,end,location,title,description
2854388,"1000","01/01/11 07:00:00","01/01/11 22:00:00","","Temple Work President XXXXX - (EAST WING - 3 ROOMS/NURSERY)","Temple Work President XXXXX

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rich
sghall

Post by sghall »

See this part of the Calendar "Help" section: https://tech.lds.org/ldshelp/index.php5 ... ources/eng

Only at the stake level can the locations be set up. If they aren't available yet for you, it probably means that the stake has not set them up yet. If you are at the stake level, the same help section tells you how to set them up.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sghall wrote:See this part of the Calendar "Help" section: https://tech.lds.org/ldshelp/index.php5 ... ources/eng.

The question deals with the old LUWS resource calendar, not the new calendar. That can be deduced from the fact that a CSV export is mentioned; the format of that CSV file is unique to the export for resources on the old LUWS.
srasay2 wrote:Does anyone know how to setup access to the Location field on the Calendar?

I am a new building scheduler, and we are on a temple site so it is busy year round with receptions and the normal stake/ward usage. Trying to get a handle on the schedule would be easier in Excel - but when I export the CSV file, I have 2 unused fields I want to be able to make use of. Most important is the Location field, the other is the Event Type - all but a few show up as Type 1000 - how is this determined?

Anyway - I want to create some additional functionality, but I cannot see where I can enable this field on the resource management area.

Sample of the CSV dump:

event id,event type,start,end,location,title,description
2854388,"1000","01/01/11 07:00:00","01/01/11 22:00:00","","Temple Work President XXXXX - (EAST WING - 3 ROOMS/NURSERY)","Temple Work President XXXXX

My guess is that the "Location" field was intended for some future feature that never got developed, or is for some unique implementation of the LUWS resources. There is clearly no way in the user interface to access that field.

The "event type" field appears to be "1000" for all resource events scheduled within your stake, and is "Churchwide Event" for those events that appear on the calendar because someone at CHQ scheduled them. Again, I don't think there is any way for you to affect that value for individual events.

In any case, from everything we have heard, development on the LUWS calendar has been halted, and all calendar development efforts are on the new calendar. So I can't imagine that any of these limitations will change during the remainder of this year, at which point the LUWS calendar will be retired.

With its ability to create custom resources, the new calendar may well be a better fit for what you are trying to do, so it would be good for you to research what you can do with the new system. The link sghall provided will get you started.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”