Calendar events don't appear when synced to Google calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
juanjflores

Post by juanjflores »

aebrown wrote:To use the workaround, you do the following:

1. In the new calendar, go to Options > Sync.
  2. Note the 19-digit number that is at the end of each of the URLs displayed on that page. I'll use 123456 as an example here, but use your own number.
  3. In Google Calendar, under "Other Calendars" on the left-hand side, there is an Add link/dropdown. Click on that and then choose "Add by URL"
  4. In the URL box, enter https://mail.liddicott.com/ldscalendar.php/123456 (replacing 123456 with your 19-digit number)
  5. Click the "Add Calendar" button.
exactly. basically, the workaround is just a simple copy & paste of 2 things into GoogleCal. 1. copy & paste the following url: https://mail.liddicott.com/ldscalendar.php//
2. copy & paste ur calendar id @ the end of the url above (the calendar id are the digits @ the very end of the url provided by lds.org) for example:
http://lds.org/church-calendar/services ... subscribe/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
3. the link u should enter into ur google cal should look like this:
https://mail.liddicott.com/ldscalendar.php//xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

juanjflores wrote:basically, the workaround is just a simple copy & paste of 2 things into GoogleCal.

That's correct. So did you try it? Did it work for you?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
juanjflores

Post by juanjflores »

aebrown wrote:That's correct. So did you try it? Did it work for you?

Yep. Tried it & it worked :)
clementsms

Post by clementsms »

I can get the events to load from the lds calendar to the google calendar, but then they won't update. I can add a new event in one of my stake calendars, but it doesn't show up in the google calendar. am I doing something wrong?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

clementsms wrote:I can add a new event in one of my stake calendars, but it doesn't show up in the google calendar. am I doing something wrong?

How long are you waiting? I'd give it at least 24 hours. Also, is this a calendar you are subscribed to? The link only updates subscribed calendars.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
clementsms

Post by clementsms »

I was only waiting a few minutes. I will let it go for a few days. I am subscribed to the calendars I want updates for. Thanks for the info
marmat

Post by marmat »

While this works, my fear is that those that are using this temporary solution, and that domain, what happens if that domain expires or has another issue? Does the Church own that domain are is planning to purchase it? If many rely on this temp solution, it may cause issues down the road. Just a thought. Thanks.
kitchen

google calender sync

Post by kitchen »

I'm still experiencing problems trying to one-way sync. I've tried this at least 5 times (each time generating a new key and then waiting at least 5 minutes before setting up the google calendar sync). I follow the process to add the calendar to google I let it try to add but it just keeps the message at the top of my google calendar saying it's adding the calendar but it never completes. I've even left my computer to alone for up to 15 minutes to try to complete the task but it never does. Does my ward and stake just have too many events? Any other ideas of what I can do to get it to sync? Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kitchen wrote:Any other ideas of what I can do to get it to sync?

I'd suggest you check the Workaround to fix calendar sync problems thread.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”