Stake calendar problem

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
zaneclark

Stake calendar problem

Post by zaneclark »

Our stake clerk is also the building scheduler for the stake center where 3 wards meet. The stake calendar now shows not only stake meetings, but meetings for all the organizations for all 3 wards, including cub pack, RS, YM/YW, etc. It makes for a very cluttered stake calendar. I think I know what he needs to do, but can someone explain to me how he can fix this? I then need to figure out how to tell in in a very gentle way...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Assuming that you're talking about the new calendar, he doesn't have access to anything but the stake and his home ward calendar. Someone else will have to do the different wards.

The way to fix it is delete all the non-stake stuff off the stake calendar. Then add the events to the appropriate ward calendar. It sounds like he may need some training to understand how the new calendar is set up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:Assuming that you're talking about the new calendar, he doesn't have access to anything but the stake and his home ward calendar. Someone else will have to do the different wards.
That is true for adding events. But once an event is added to a calendar, as a building scheduler, he "can update/overwrite/change any event that is scheduled in his assigned location, regardless of the calendar" (see calendar Help Rights and Roles). I don't know whether he can move the events from the stake calendar to a ward calendar without seeing what Options tools a building scheduler has. He may need the help of an approver from each ward to get the events onto a ward calendar - then he may not.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”