To all Beta Testers

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

To all Beta Testers

Post by jdcr256 »

I just wanted to make a more visible announcement that the beta version of the upcoming upgrade of the calendar is available for testing.

Everyone who has requested access to the beta has been granted it.* However, we've only received feedback from a select few testers (although that feedback has been VERY valuable so far).

If you have an interest in the calendar and have stake or ward admin rights (or easy access to someone who does have rights) please participate and give us feedback. We want the calendar to be useful and functional, and due to our limited resources, we need as much of your help as we can get.

Thanks again for helping us make successful tools for you to use.

*Some who may have requested access in the last few days may not have it yet. I try to give access to new requests at least once a week.
morts

Post by morts »

I have signed up but am having trouble getting access, any Ideas
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jdcr256 wrote:Everyone who has requested access to the beta has been granted it.* However, we've only received feedback from a select few testers (although that feedback has been VERY valuable so far).
Without those who are stake default approvers participating there is little that can be tested by those at the unit level.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mmacconnell

Is it too late to sign up?

Post by mmacconnell »

Is it to late to sign up for this? I was just recently called as Ward Clerk and would love to help with this project. I do have full admin rights on the Ward level.
printbr

Post by printbr »

I am the Stake Clerk (Default approver). I would like to help. And I will give feedback. Where would you like the feedback to be sent?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There is a forum just for this - Current and Future Church Technologies > LDS.ORG Web Site > Calendar Beta Test.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

printbr wrote:I am the Stake Clerk (Default approver). I would like to help. And I will give feedback. Where would you like the feedback to be sent?
You won't be able to see the forum jdlessley linked to until you are added to the beta test. To request that, go to the thread Preparing for the Calendar 2.0 Release and ask to be included. It may take a day or two for you to be added.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
unit5

Post by unit5 »

aebrown wrote:You won't be able to see the forum jdlessley linked to until you are added to the beta test. To request that, go to the thread Preparing for the Calendar 2.0 Release and ask to be included. It may take a day or two for you to be added.
I requested this about a week ago and am still unable to see the beta calendar. Any reason why this would be the case? I am 1st Counselor in Bishopric.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

unit5 wrote:I requested this about a week ago and am still unable to see the beta calendar. Any reason why this would be the case? I am 1st Counselor in Bishopric.
They are in the middle of a beta database upgrade right now. I can't speak officially, but perhaps a decision was made to wait until after the upgrade.

You may wish to followup after things come back online.

Return to “Calendar”