Print advanced problem

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
peeryfamily

Print advanced problem

Post by peeryfamily »

We have implemented the calendar in the stake and wards.
The stake and wards are trying to print copies for members that are not on the computer.
The advanced option is only partially available to see.
Steps to replicate - Enter calendar, select Print option (upper right), select "Advanced Options" and the screen comes up but it is only half there.
I am using Microsoft Windows 7, Internet Explorer to view the calendar.
Any other information on how to drop the calendar to Word or another editor besides a PDF would be also helpful.
Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

peeryfamily wrote:I am using Microsoft Windows 7, Internet Explorer to view the calendar.

What version of IE? I seem to remember reading that the calender worked fine in IE9, but not in compatibility mode.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
peeryfamily

Post by peeryfamily »

I am using IE9 but I am not sure about the "compatibility mode" - could you explain that.
Also - I have tried to maximize the box and drag it out but they don't allow the options.
Thanks
peeryfamily

Post by peeryfamily »

I looked at compatability mode on the internet. It said: "If Internet Explorer recognizes a webpage that isn't compatible, you'll see the Compatibility View button on the Address bar. To turn Compatibility View on, click the Compatibility View button to make the icon change from an outline Imageto a solid color Image." but this isn't happening so I don't think it is this.
Question - If you go into the calendar, select print and hit the advanced option - does it give you this problem or does it work for you?
Thanks for the reply - it is honestly appreciated - JP
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

I run windows 7 64-bit and ie9 and have no problem with the advanced print option. My guess would be that you have an ie9 option set wrong try resetting ie9 to defaults with the default button under ie>tools> Advanced
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

peeryfamily wrote:Question - If you go into the calendar, select print and hit the advanced option - does it give you this problem or does it work for you?
I'm trying to understand what you are seeing.

In IE9, I have an experience you can see in this screencast. As I click the Advance Options link, the popup window grows and shrinks. Resizing the popup window is disabled, but I don't mind, since the popup window automatically resizes.

In Firefox, I have an experience you can see in this screencast. As I click the Advanced Options link, the popup window does not resize, but the content of the window does grow. Thus a scroll bar appears, and I have to scroll (or resize the popup window) to be able to see the lower options.

I just did another test in IE9, but made sure that the popup window was near the bottom of the screen before I clicked on Advanced Options. Since the popup window wants to grow downward, but being at the bottom of the screen makes that impossible, the scroll bar appears as I showed with Firefox. The window is still not resizable, so my only option is to scroll the content (with the scroll bar, or the wheel on my mouse).

I'm wondering if you are having an experience like I described in that last case (or one of the others).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
peeryfamily

Post by peeryfamily »

OK - I feel pretty dumb but I know what the problem is. I noticed on aebrowns screen display that he did not have something I have turned on - my favorites! I went back in and turned off my favorites and then clicked on the advanced and sure enough the screen had room to display it and it worked fine. That was all there was to it.
Thanks to you all for pointing me in the right direction - I learned something today. The issue is resolved... JRP

Return to “Calendar”