No calendar conflicts when selecting a room

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kmertlich

Post by kmertlich »

aebrown wrote:I've done a bit more research, and here's my analysis of what you are seeing. Please let me know if this sounds correct.
  • ... stake calendar editors have the right to schedule an event on top of a Reservation assigned to the stake unit.
I was not aware of this. I figured they would also need to be administrators. So I can't limit it to just administrators? Maybe I am looking at this the wrong way. It is giving me brain cramps.
aebrown wrote: Had there been a conflicting Event (not Reservation), a conflict would have been reported for them

This is not what I found. Here are my findings. Take a look at this new attachment.
All other unit reservations work as expected. I continue to have problems when defining the stake
  • Reserved the unit “Layton Utah Northridge Stake” for the entire day 16 Dec 2011.
  • Event scheduled from 7 to 8 am in cultural hall, by member #1 who has rights to edit a stake calendar but is not an administrator. Expected = conflict message not allowing the event to be scheduled. Actual result = "You successfully saved ...". CORRECTION: AFTER READING AEBROWN’S COMMENT THIS IS THE CORRECT BEHAVIOR. I THOUGHT THEY REQUIRED ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS.
  • Member #1 then scheduled a second event in cultural hall from 3:15 to 10:15 am. Expected = conflict message with first scheduled event. Actual = “You successfully saved …”; No conflict.. double booked events.
  • Member #2 scheduled event in cultural hall from 4 to 5 am. Expected = conflict message. Actual result = "You successfully saved ..."
Attachments
Unit reservations.docx
(57.9 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

Return to “Calendar”