Not able to delete photo

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
nmbailey

Not able to delete photo

Post by nmbailey »

I've uploaded a family photo on my personal page and want to remove it but the site won't let me. Any ideas on how to get it removed?
eblood66

Re: Not able to delete photo

Post by eblood66 »

nmbailey wrote:I've uploaded a family photo on my personal page and want to remove it but the site won't let me. Any ideas on how to get it removed?
In the Directory first click on My Household on the left side of the screen. It should show your household information on the right hand side. At the top of that section there should be two buttons labeled View and Edit. Click on the Edit button. There should now be a 'Remove' link under the picture. Clicking on that should remove the photo.

If you've already tried that, did you get an error message or was there any other effect?
nmbailey

Post by nmbailey »

I tried that on my desktop computer and a pop up box comes up saying remove photo? I click yes and nothing happens. I've also tried on my phone and I get an error message.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

nmbailey wrote:I tried that on my desktop computer and a pop up box comes up saying remove photo? I click yes and nothing happens. I've also tried on my phone and I get an error message.
My best suggestion is to first ask your ward clerk to try to delete the photo for you (preferably using a different computer). If he also gets an error then he'll probably need to call Local Unit Support and see if they can resolve the issue.
AnnElliott

Post by AnnElliott »

I am having the same issue with deleting photos. I am a website administrator for the Moraga Ward and have uploaded some duplicate pictures that I wish to delete. I am not able to delete them from the manage photos menu and I am not able to crop any picture from this same manage menu. I also am not able to delete my own picture from the directory. I could change it but not delete it. This function has not worked in the last month. Prior to October I was always able to delete from the manage menu. I have also tried on a different computer - I am using an iMac and a MacBook Pro to manage the directory. :)
mevans

Post by mevans »

If it's urgent to get your photo removed while trying to resolve this problem, just upload one of those generic missing picture icons instead. That will at least replace the photo you don't want until you can get the problem resolved.
sevenlippard

Post by sevenlippard »

It looks like this problem is still current as of now in 2019. The app doesn't delete the photo. Can you please have your IT look into this. Thanks!
mevans

Post by mevans »

sevenlippard wrote:It looks like this problem is still current as of now in 2019. The app doesn't delete the photo. Can you please have your IT look into this. Thanks!
This is a user-to-user forum, so no one here can look at the problem. You should contact your ward clerk or assistant clerk for help (if they don't know what to do, send them here).

If it's a situation where you don't want contact with the church and want your photo down, you could reach out to your bishop for help, or you might be able to contact the member service center directly and see if they can remove it. If this is your situation, we can try to guide you on the right path to get your wishes taken care of and limit your contact with the church.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”