Changing a photo on behalf of another member

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
CharKay

Changing a photo on behalf of another member

Postby CharKay » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:26 pm

As the website administrator for my ward, it seems like, with all the new updates to the site, my calling has become just a name only.

It has been requested of me to change a photo for a senior member of my ward who is not internet savvy. His ex-wife was or knew someone who was and he has been divorced from her for two years now. I seem to remember having the ability to do this when I was first called back in 2015. Can I still do it? There's nothing on the site that I can find for "website administrators" calling tutorials.

davesudweeks

Re: Changing a photo on behalf of another member

Postby davesudweeks » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:26 pm

Someone else on the forum may know for sure, but I don't think the "website administrator" calling has the ability to manage photos any longer. If the member is unable to do it themselves, the ward clerk or a member of the bishopric should be able to assist them.

eblood66

Postby eblood66 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:30 pm

No, that ability has been moved to LCR and is only available to clerks, bishopric members and the executive secretary. You'll have to ask one of them to make the change.

The role of website administrator really doesn't exist anymore at least as far as official church tools. The only thing it does now is make the person a default administrator on the calendar.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:33 pm

CharKay wrote:As the website administrator for my ward, it seems like, ... my calling has become just a name only.

As far as I know, Website Administrator is indistinguishable from Ward Calendar Administrator. I think that's the only power the website admin has left. I have yet to see anyone claim otherwise. (And on this forum, erroneous statements usually gets called out.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Directory”