Beta Directory Issues

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Both directory problems (the one entered earlier, and the one affecting the images) is related to the authentication system. The first issue should be fixed.

The problem with the images is that the image service seems to have been deployed under the new authentication system that was deployed a couple days ago. Since directory is still using the old system, it can't get permissions to access the photos. We are working to resolve this right now.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

jdcr256 wrote:Both directory problems (the one entered earlier, and the one affecting the images) is related to the authentication system. The first issue should be fixed.

The problem with the images is that the image service seems to have been deployed under the new authentication system that was deployed a couple days ago. Since directory is still using the old system, it can't get permissions to access the photos. We are working to resolve this right now.
Still not able to access the directory in Las Vegas......
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Please! Is there anyone else unable to access the beta directory besides me? I will feel better if I know I am not alone in this......
danpass

Post by danpass »

zaneclark wrote:Please! Is there anyone else unable to access the beta directory besides me? I will feel better if I know I am not alone in this......
I cannot access it and have not been able to do so all this week. I get a spinner in the first column, but no directory data ever populates the table.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Works for me.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danpass

Post by danpass »

danpass wrote:
zaneclark wrote:Please! Is there anyone else unable to access the beta directory besides me? I will feel better if I know I am not alone in this......
I cannot access it and have not been able to do so all this week. I get a spinner in the first column, but no directory data ever populates the table.
My previous attempts, last week, to access the beta directory were from my home computer. Today, I attempted access from our stake administrative computer and am still only getting just past the authentication and rendering of an empty table. I see the same behavior using Firefox, Chrome and IE.

I had a ward clerk in my stake log in from his ward's computer and he see's the same behavior.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

danpass wrote:My previous attempts, last week, to access the beta directory were from my home computer. Today, I attempted access from our stake administrative computer and am still only just getting just past the authentication and rendering of an empty table. I see the same behavior using Firefox, Chrome and IE.

I had a ward clerk in my stake log in from his ward's computer and he see's the same behavior.
The programmers seemed to indicate that they had solved the problem so I sent them a note through the feedback. I'm sorry you can't access the directory but glad to hear that it is not just some weird thing related to Nevada or that I am doing something wrong!
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

I can't access any of the Church's new websites inside Beta situation. Directory, Calendar and all other systems return an "LDS Invalid Request" page. Beta-Maps are don't working too. I can't use the system with my credentials and other stake leaders in my stake reported that can't access the system with his credentials too.
jamiecking76
Location: North Augusta, SC, United States (North Augusta Ward)

Post by jamiecking76 »

Any chance that the personal phone numbers and email addresses listed in MLS (and vice versa) will show up on the new directory when it is released?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

n.augusta.wardtech wrote:Any chance that the personal phone numbers and email addresses listed in MLS (and vice versa) will show up on the new directory when it is released?
They already appear there. Just go to beta.lds.org, sign in, and go to Tools > Directory. When you look at a household, you'll see all the household members with their individual phone numbers and email addresses. Of course someone has to have entered that data. Also note that each member can choose to hide that information from view by other stake members (in some parts of the world the default is to hide it, and members have to opt in to show data, but in the US the default is to show).

Another cool feature is that members can update their own individual and household phone/email and that information will flow back to MLS. So I think that covers what you were asking for -- it is already implemented. Give it a try!
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”