Beta Directory Issues

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

alinford wrote:Thanks Alan. When I go into the Directory in the Beta, and go to Ward Leaders and Organizations, under Other Callings, I am Website Administrator. I am not sure if that is the standard calling, or one that was created. I will contact the Ward Clerk to find out.
The Beta Directory doesn't display any custom callings at this point so it would have to be the standard calling.
auslinford

Post by auslinford »

eblood66 wrote:The Beta Directory doesn't display any custom callings at this point so it would have to be the standard calling.
If that is the case, something is mucked up for me. Under Options, I have Select Subscriptions, Create Calendar, and Sync, but seem to be missing the Manage Rights option.

Another question about the Directory. I noticed that when I go to My Family Profile, it does not list our callings. Is this something that is on the list?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

alinford wrote:If that is the case, something is mucked up for me. Under Options, I have Select Subscriptions, Create Calendar, and Sync, but seem to be missing the Manage Rights option.
Sounds like you should submit feedback on that. But you may want to have a clerk or bishopric member look at the Manage Rights page and check if they see you listed.
alinford wrote: Another question about the Directory. I noticed that when I go to My Family Profile, it does not list our callings. Is this something that is on the list?
Callings are not listed in the family profile. Callings are only listed in the Leaders and Organizations section.
auslinford

Post by auslinford »

eblood66 wrote:Sounds like you should submit feedback on that. But you may want to have a clerk or bishopric member look at the Manage Rights page and check if they see you listed.
Where will they find the Manage Rights page?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

alinford wrote:Where will they find the Manage Rights page?
It's under Options (where you earlier said you found Subscriptions, Create Calendar and Sync) -- those with the permissions will see Manager Rights, as well as other options there.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
auslinford

Post by auslinford »

Alan_Brown wrote:It's under Options (where you earlier said you found Subscriptions, Create Calendar and Sync) -- those with the permissions will see Manager Rights, as well as other options there.
So, in theory, the ward clerk would be able to grant me permissions by going to Manager Rights?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

alinford wrote:So, in theory, the ward clerk would be able to grant me permissions by going to Manager Rights?
Yes, but if you are correctly listed in MLS as the website administrator you should already have rights and be listed on the Manage Rights page.

If the clerk adds you in the calendar application you'll have most administrative rights except that you won't be able to add other calendar approvers (what they call administrators in the calendar app). If you're listed in MLS as website administrator then you will be able to add other approvers.
auslinford

Post by auslinford »

eblood66 wrote:Yes, but if you are correctly listed in MLS as the website administrator you should already have rights and be listed on the Manage Rights page.

If the clerk adds you in the calendar application you'll have most administrative rights except that you won't be able to add other calendar approvers (what they call administrators in the calendar app). If you're listed in MLS as website administrator then you will be able to add other approvers.
I am definitely listed as Website Administrator in the Beta Directory / "Ward Leaders and Organizations" / "Other Callings" area, but there is no "Manager Rights" under "Options". So, there must be an issue. Where should I report it?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

alinford wrote:I am definitely listed as Website Administrator in the Beta Directory / "Ward Leaders and Organizations" / "Other Callings" area, but there is no "Manager Rights" under "Options". So, there must be an issue. Where should I report it?
Use the Feedback link on the bottom of the page at new.lds.org
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
2mycloud

Missing Member Information

Post by 2mycloud »

I just visited new.lds.org and since I last used it (when it was beta.lds.org) there is only a few members across the Stake listed. I can only see 2 members in my Ward and one is my family (complete with pictures) This has dramatically changed since last time.

Does anyone know why this is the case?

I currently live in England where we have been waiting for Calendar and Member Directory. When is the plan for it to go live?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”