Incorrect data on new directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

I can also confirm this is a problem. There seems to be an error in the way the new.lds.org online directory is reading membership data. I have noticed this for several weeks with the new online directory all of a sudden showing deceased or divorced spouses of individuals. I have confirmed that all necessary divorce and death dates have been properly recorded in MLS and are showing as such in MLS. For example, one sister whose husband died many years ago is now showing in the new online directory. A look in MLS at church shows her spouse deceased and the death date.

So, yes, there is a problem and no, it is not related to lack of proper record keeping in MLS.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I past this along to the team to make sure they knew about this issue and I just got back notice that they had just put a patch in place to fix this. If anyone is still seeing an issue then it should be reported back.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

ryan jones wrote:I past this along to the team to make sure they knew about this issue and I just got back notice that they had just put a patch in place to fix this. If anyone is still seeing an issue then it should be reported back.
It worked! The deceased spouse can now rest in peace.....
benjamincarleski

Post by benjamincarleski »

ryan jones wrote:I past this along to the team to make sure they knew about this issue and I just got back notice that they had just put a patch in place to fix this. If anyone is still seeing an issue then it should be reported back.
I am still seeing the issue, so perhaps our data was incorrect to begin with. I've asked the ward clerk to look into it some more in MLS, and I'll let you know if we can't get it resolved there.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”