Is there a way to block my address from being viewed in the directory?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
happybeebug

Is there a way to block my address from being viewed in the directory?

Post by happybeebug »

I attend a Singles Branch, and the usual protocol for the printed directories in our Branch is to leave addresses out. They do that because they've had stalking issues in the past. Is there a way to uncheck my physical address, (or make "non-display of address" the default for the Branch) so it won't show up in the directory except to ward leaders?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Admin note: I moved your post to a new thread as it's a new question.

No, the new directory only allows blocking the phone number, email or entire listing from the general membership.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
robartsd

Post by robartsd »

Sounds like an important feature request to add!
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

How would someone block the phone number, email or entire listing from general membership? Is this something the member has to do themselves? Or can an administrator do it when the member requests? I ask this because not all members in my ward have access to a computer.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

AileneRHerrick wrote:How would someone block the phone number, email or entire listing from general membership? Is this something the member has to do themselves? Or can an administrator do it when the member requests? I ask this because not all members in my ward have access to a computer.
A clerk, executive secretary or bishopric member can do this on the members behalf by going to the member's profile in the new Directory at lds.org. Website Administrators do not have access to do it.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Okay, I will give that a try. Thank you!

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”