Adding non-member spouse

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
djaykendall

Adding non-member spouse

Post by djaykendall »

I have been trying to add a non-member spouse to a member through the LCR system. Any time I try to add a spouse, the only option I have is to pick from the member list. Is there something I am missing? I know in the future it will come in handy to know how to add a non-member albeit spouse, child, or other to the member records through LCR.
eblood66

Re: Adding non-member spouse

Post by eblood66 »

mlhstheaterguy wrote:I have been trying to add a non-member spouse to a member through the LCR system. Any time I try to add a spouse, the only option I have is to pick from the member list. Is there something I am missing? I know in the future it will come in handy to know how to add a non-member albeit spouse, child, or other to the member records through LCR.
Do you want to record a non-member marriage on the member's record or are you trying to get the non-member to show up in the LCR member list, in LDS Tools or the lds.org Directory?

If you just need to record the marriage then you still need to do that in MLS. LCR doesn't support recording ordinances, blessing, marriages or divorces yet.

If you want to create a non-member record so they show up in various lists then that isn't possible. According to this post from a developer a decision was made to not support non-member records as they exist in MLS.
djaykendall

Post by djaykendall »

Thank You. I figured that wasn't in the LCR yet, but had to see if I was missing something somewhere. It would be good if that feature were added. All I needed to do was add a marriage of a current member to a non-member. I'll go on the MLS system and enter it there.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

mlhstheaterguy wrote:Thank You. I figured that wasn't in the LCR yet, but had to see if I was missing something somewhere. It would be good if that feature were added. All I needed to do was add a marriage of a current member to a non-member. I'll go on the MLS system and enter it there.
I'm pretty sure it will be added eventually. It just takes time.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”