Clerk Action Required (Patriarchal Blessing Submission)

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
davidrichey

Clerk Action Required (Patriarchal Blessing Submission)

Post by davidrichey »

I am seeing this notice "Clerk Action Required" "The information for (member's name) needs to be updated in MLS" on the Patriarchal Blessing submission site, but gives no further information as to what needs to be done. Several other notices give the action that needs to be taken, i.e. mother's name misspelled, etc. The only correlation I can see is that these individuals have had their patriarchal blessings submitted online. The ward clerk does not do anything with that information, does he?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Clerk Action Required (Patriarchal Blessing Submission)

Post by sbradshaw »

Maybe there is a missing preferred name that the system looks for?
I'd check the fields for legal name, preferred name, and household name to make sure they're all filled in correctly. It might be good to select all (control-A) in each field and retype in case there are random line breaks, zero-width, or not-displayed Unicode characters that somehow found their way into the field that might be throwing it off. Those are the only things I can think of.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm wondering if the data in the Patriarchal Blessing Submission doesn't match the membership record - suggesting there's a correction.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

Russell: But it doesn't give any direction as to what the correction needs to be. On others it does tell the specific correction (i.e. birthplace needs to include county, mother's name misspelled, etc.). But there are several that just say "... needs to be updated in MLS" and the only correlation to the notifications on these names to the list of progress of Patriarchal Blessings submitted in the queue is that the status for these members is that their patriarchal blessing has been submitted (completed) online by the patriarch.
jeremyjordin

Post by jeremyjordin »

I'm having the same issue. Was a solution ever found to this?
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

Jeremy: I did not find a solution.
jeremyjordin

Post by jeremyjordin »

Thanks, David.
I ended up calling Salt Lake and they indicated it was a bug that was not fixable on our end, but should be fixed in a future update of the web site.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

Thanks for the followup, Jeremy
adamberkey

Post by adamberkey »

jeremyjordin wrote:Thanks, David.
I ended up calling Salt Lake and they indicated it was a bug that was not fixable on our end, but should be fixed in a future update of the web site.
==

Curiously, I just received an email like this about two weeks ago, 13 months after the original post of this thread. I contacted the Stake Clerk. He contacted HQ and was told it was a bug, and to wait to see if it happens again, and if so to call again on it.
Reginarere

Post by Reginarere »

I was robbed and lost my Patriarchal Blessing. Is there anyway to receive it again?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”