Stake Indexing Director unable to see Stake Family History

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Android29

Stake Indexing Director unable to see Stake Family History

Post by Android29 »

We have a Stake Indexing Director who is unable to see Stake Family History organization.
If they login to lds.org and go to Organizations > Other Callings -- it shows all callings at this point. Whereas, when I as an assistant stake clerk go to Organizations > Other Callings, I see more organizations, specifically Stake Family History. Then I can drill down into Stake Family History and see those specific to that organization. We have all our Stake Temple Workers defined in Organizations > Other Callings > Additional Callings.

The problem is the Stake Indexing Director sees a lot of members callings under Other Callings and finds it not useful at all. If he could see Stake Family History and open that, he could limit what he sees.

Is there a way to do this?
eblood66

Re: Stake Indexing Director unable to see Stake Family History

Post by eblood66 »

Is the Indexing Directory using LCR (https://clerk.lds.org) or the Directory (https://lds.org/directory)? I would assume that he is using the Directory because I don't believe the Indexing Directory calling provides access to LCR.

LCR and the Directory present organizations differently because the Directory was developed before the current hierarchy of organizations was added. When it was developed there was only one level of organizations so all Other Callings are shown in a single list. LCR was developed later and provides access to the full hierarchy. Eventually the Directory may be upgraded but hasn't been yet.

Since the Indexing Director does not have access to LCR there is no way for him to see just the family history organization at this point. The only way for someone to get access to LCR is to have a calling which provides it. At the stake level that means the stake presidency, clerks, executive secretaries, and auxiliary presidencies only which doesn't really provide any way to giving indexing director access unless they were also called as a stake clerk.
Android29

Re: Stake Indexing Director unable to see Stake Family History

Post by Android29 »

Thanks. Figured it was something like this.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”