Custom Reports

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

Re: Custom Reports

Post by zaneclark »

davesudweeks wrote:
lajackson wrote:
scgallafent wrote:It is only available to the bishop and ward clerk. Assistant clerks do not have access.
We had an assistant clerk who generated all of the custom reports. But, no longer.
Unless I missed something, custom reports are still available in MLS so there is no change for the assistant clerk from how it was last week. I expect that functionality will go away at some point, but until then he should be able to carry on just exactly has he has been doing.
But that would mean I would have to actually use the computer in the clerk's office.... Not sure I even know where it is or have a key! :D
theepurpleguy

Post by theepurpleguy »

Hopefully they are left in MLS. The Custom Reports in LCR are severely lacking in comparison to what we do in MLS. If this is being read by anybody in the know ( actually has direct access to the Development Team Leader) and would like to know exactly what I mean then please contact me on NambourWC@gmail.com and I'll get started on suggestions on how to improve LCR Custom Reports so they can actually do what MLS do.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

You're welcome to send me your suggestions and I'll get them to the appropriate person. Remember that you can make suggestions, but there is no guarantee when or if those features will make it into LCR.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Let's start with this: LCR custom reports should be able to generate the same reports that MLS custom reports can generate (with the exception of MLS custom data that is not in LCR). One should be able to set up the same filters in LCR as one can in MLS and should be able to output the same columns in LCR as in MLS.

I'll provide specifics when I have a chance to try some of my most used MLS custom reports in LCR.
theepurpleguy

Post by theepurpleguy »

Why can't the custom data in MLS be configured for and then input into LCR?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

So far all the custom reports I've done in MLS I've been able to do in LCR, and some that I couldn't do in MLS as well.
andrewgking

Post by andrewgking »

BTW - THANKS FOR BRINGING CUSTOM REPORTS TO LCR! This is the last membership function I still USED in MLS, until now!

"And +" "Or +" is a little tricky at first (i didn't even see the "And+ " option at first) and was getting frustrated with "Or" not working! The "And +" lives outside of a box and i missed it completely.
CR default.jpg
(29.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet
My suggestion would be to have it default like this, without having to click "And +" first.
CR possible default.jpg
(46.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
It would look a little less random sitting out there.

Thanks for all the hard work!

- Andrew
dgs27

Post by dgs27 »

I must say, That the new "Custom Reports" in LCR is awesome.....Thanks for the great work....We love them.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Let's hope the same people who saw the advantage of adding presidencies to the Send a Message app also will see the light and let membership clerks create custom reports.
rontilby

Post by rontilby »

Please add the "Household Name" field to the list of columns in the Custom Reports tool. I want to create a report showing "Household Name", "Head of House" and "Head of House and Spouse" so that I can check for incorrect "Household Name" field contents.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”