Ministering assignments disappeared

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
nmecantwin73

Ministering assignments disappeared

Post by nmecantwin73 »

Something odd happened today - wondering if it has happened to anyone else? I didn't see any new conversation about it...

Our ward's Ministering Brother assignments have all disappeared. Gone. Poof. :shock: The three districts we had are empty and all households now show as Unassigned. The Sisters' list, however, is still intact.

Initially found the issue in LDS Tools - by and for everyone who has access to see it - and has been confirmed in LCR.

Is it just us? Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it a bug that will somehow right itself? If not, luckily I have a print out from two days ago to restore it.
davesudweeks

Re: Ministering assignments disappeared

Post by davesudweeks »

They are all there for our ward on LCR (both elders and sisters). I don't have access to LDSTools any longer due to an obsolete device.

When you select the Ministering tab on LCR, be sure you are clicking on the "Current Assignments" option and not the "Proposed Assignments" option. The Proposed Assignments will be blank unless someone begins making draft assignments there. This is a recent change.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

Thanks. I am quite familiar with the Proposed Assignments as we have been utilizing the feature. They are all still there, just not the Current Assignments.

Unless someone with access went in and deliberately removed every companionship, this has to be a bug affecting more than just us. Anyone?

I will be making sure a bishopric member, clerk, or ministering secretary did not delete them on purpose.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I have not seen this problem, but perhaps it is a bug where someone "published" a set of blank proposed ministering assignments? Of course, I am not about to test this theory.
sgcourt

Post by sgcourt »

We are seeing the same thing, all assignments are gone for both Elders and RS. All families are 'unassigned', and all brothers and sisters have no ministering assignments.
sgcourt

Post by sgcourt »

We saw the same thing. I looked in 'Proposed' assignments and found all of our current assignments in there. I was able to go thru the steps to make proposed assignments the currents assignments, and thus restore all of our assignments.
jasonmorganallred

Post by jasonmorganallred »

We are also seeing that all ministering assignments are showing up blank. Maybe there is a server down somewhere that the information is pulled from? Hopefully they are not lost.
lrgw26

Post by lrgw26 »

Yep, ours are gone as well. Sure wish I knew how to remedy this. Very frustrating.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Ours are showing for both EQ and RS as of moments ago. Neither organization has begun using the "proposed" sections yet.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Our current assignments have never disappeared.

If someone wishes to be very brave, it might be nice to test my theory that a totally blank set of proposed assignments will overwrite an existing set, leaving everything missing.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”