Ministering Three-some

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
creeve4

Ministering Three-some

Post by creeve4 »

I am unable to create an ministering three-some consisting of a husband, wife, and their son. I can create a three-some with three men.

Is this a policy limitation or a bug in the website?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ministering Three-some

Post by russellhltn »

What priesthood does the son have? I think he'd have to be at least a Teacher to participate in Ministering.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you able to add the son to a different companionship or tripanionship? I'm guessing there's a business rule programmed into Leader and Clerk Resources that prevents someone from being assigned to a companionship with someone of another gender who's not their spouse; so assigning the son would probably run into that limitation.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
creeve4

Post by creeve4 »

The problem is that there is no search box to add an additional member as a companion when a husband and wife are paired together:
[--Attachment with personal information removed--]

If I put the father and son together, I will have the search box, but then it no longer displays the mother (or any females):

A companionship consisting of two men has the search box:

[Moderator note: This is a public forum and can be viewed by anyone on the Internet. Please be careful not to post personal information.]
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

If the business rule will not allow you to put non-married males and females in the same companionship (as surmised by Samuel Bradshaw), the screenshots you provided are what I would expect. Once you put the husband and wife together, you cannot add another male (or another female, for that matter) because the system recognizes there is no marriage to any 3rd person. I recommend you provide your special use case as feedback, which will be forwarded to those who set the developer's priorities (though there is no guarantee a code change will occur).
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I haven't talked with the developer or product manager responsible for this, but I suspect you have run into a circumstance not allowed by the business rules. Without talking with them, I don't know if this was a situation they didn't anticipate or if it was an intentional design.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”