Ministering - viewing assignments on LDS.org and LDS tool Should Ap

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Ministering - viewing assignments on LDS.org and LDS tool Should Ap

Post by jdlessley »

joeyman3 wrote:Does anyone know if there's a way for a ministering secretary to have access to see the ministering assignments, or will he just need to get it through the presidency?
If they have been given the standard calling then they will have access no later than 24 hours after the calling is recorded. While a calling can be entered as a custom calling exactly the same as the standard calling there will be no permissions granted. It is important to check whether the calling has been entered as a standard calling.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
guntherag

Post by guntherag »

This is very late, but there are android and iPhone emulators available on windows and mac computers. I''m currently using one called BlueStacks, to run LDS tools on my windows laptop. Regardless be careful online. I hope this helps. :)
digitalwei

Post by digitalwei »

FYI - I came into this forum looking for missing ministry info and thanks to someone's comment here, I tried resyncing 3 times, swiping off the app and restarting it, and finally restarting the phone (iOS13) and finally managed to get the ministering data to display again in the app. So syncing is a process that might need to be done several times for some reason. However, if you are in a rush, the web site always seems to work... ;-)
gabesj

Post by gabesj »

lajackson wrote:
craniac wrote:I do not own a smart phone. Is there any way to view my ministering assignments on LDS.org, or do I need to buy a smart phone?
Currently, there is not a way to view ministering assignments at LDS.org unless you hold a leadership calling that gives access to Leader and Clerk Resources.

However, the answer to your second question is also no. You will never need a smart phone to fulfill any Church assignment. If you do not have or want to have a smart phone, simply let your leaders know you do not have one, and that they will be required to communicate any assignments to you by actually speaking with you.

That is how President Nelson says we are supposed to do it, anyway.
As of last month (November 2019), it is now possible to view ministering assignments on churchofjesuschrist.org without needing access to Leader and Clerk Resources. Look yourself up in the directory and scroll down past your contact info until you see three tabs, one of which says "Ministering".
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gabesj wrote:As of last month (November 2019), it is now possible to view ministering assignments on churchofjesuschrist.org without needing access to Leader and Clerk Resources. Look yourself up in the directory and scroll down past your contact info until you see three tabs, one of which says "Ministering".
The tabs I see a the bottom are Directory, Organizations and Missionary.

Edit: Ok, I have to see myself and not my household. Then I see Membership Information, Ministering, and Callings and Classes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BaileyBrea

Post by BaileyBrea »

This not exist. The only options under the blue ribbon are Contact, Household, Membership Information, Callings and Classes. There is nothing labeled "ministering" anywhere that I can see
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Ministering - viewing assignments on ChurchofJesusChrist.org and Member Tools

Post by lajackson »

BaileyBrea wrote:There is nothing labeled "ministering"
Sometimes when you sync and the church servers are busy, the sync will finish without updating the ministering information. This also happens with the calendar.

Most likely, if you sync again at a less busy time the ministering tab and information will return.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BaileyBrea wrote:This not exist. The only options under the blue ribbon are Contact, Household, Membership Information, Callings and Classes. There is nothing labeled "ministering" anywhere that I can see
Did you look under your own household? Most Members can't see it except for their own household.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jbrh

Post by jbrh »

Is there a calling that can VIEW ministering assignments, but edit them?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jbrh wrote:Is there a calling that can VIEW ministering assignments, but edit them?
Did you mean "Is there a calling that can VIEW ministering assignments, but [not] edit them?" I cannot think of any and the access table doesn't indicate there is any.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Member Tools”