Ministering - viewing assignments on LDS.org and LDS tool Should Ap

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
johnlee1943

Re: Ministering - viewing assignments on LDS.org and LDS tool Should Ap

Post by johnlee1943 »

You mean to say that we have to get new Android mobile phones in order to get the latest version of LDS Tools to see our ministering assignments!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johnlee1943 wrote:You mean to say that we have to get new Android mobile phones in order to get the latest version of LDS Tools to see our ministering assignments!!
Assuming your phone isn't running Android 5 or better, it does look that way.

Note that Android 4 was quite popular in it's day, but not very secure from hackers. I wouldn't trust it to store personal information or financial information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jccloe

Post by jccloe »

I downloaded the app today 25 Nov 2018. Under my own name in the blue ribbon, there is no "Ministering" tab. All my other data from the sync is available. Not sure if anyone can explain any other missing steps to see who my people I am supposed to minister to.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jccloe wrote:Under my own name in the blue ribbon, there is no "Ministering" tab.
I'm not sure where you're looking. Go to "Directory" and pull up your household, go to yourself. Scroll sideways and see if there isn't a "Ministering" section. (This is on Android. iOS might be different.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

jccloe wrote:I downloaded the app today 25 Nov 2018. Under my own name in the blue ribbon, there is no "Ministering" tab. All my other data from the sync is available. Not sure if anyone can explain any other missing steps to see who my people I am supposed to minister to.
If you've been able to see it previously, this could possibly be related to an issue that arose last week, as this is exactly how it showed for our ward before re-entering the data. See this post for info: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 56#p189654

You may need to contact your Elders Quorum Presidency to see if your ward was affected by this glitch.
verizonwiz

Post by verizonwiz »

Version: 3.5.2
Device: Pixel 2
Android Version: 9

I have followed the step by step instructions (thank you for posting that), but I do not have the Ministering Tab (The Tabs I have are Contact, Household, Membership Information, and Callings and Classes). I just received a printed Ministering List on Sunday, so it should be in the system. Any ideas? (Also, no the Callings and Classes Tab does not say anything about Ministering).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might try doing another sync. If the servers were acting up when you did your last sync, you may not have gotten the ministering information.

verizonwiz

Post by verizonwiz »

Thank you! Perfect!
goanddo

Post by goanddo »

One additional note, I have found that a few people in our quorum who could not see their assignments in LDS Tools were able to see them after updating their app.
dianeritadevey

Post by dianeritadevey »

Would like the list of names who I need to minister to

Return to “Member Tools”