Member Tools Calendar link / redirect

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
nadthoob

Member Tools Calendar link / redirect

Post by nadthoob »

I'd like to get a link that when opened on a web browser (or via QR code scan) redirects users to the Calendar window in the Member Tools app. This is similar to the redirect that is currently performed on phones when they attempt to open church scripture links from their phones and the Gospel Library is opened, instead of the web browser. Is there anyway to do this with the Member Tools Calendar?

I'd like to make it easier for ward members to pull up the Ward Calendar, via a QR code on the back of the Sunday program.
Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Member Tools Calendar link / redirect

Post by russellhltn »

I don't know as Tools was designed to do that. But you could use this link to take them to the web page: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/calendar

However, that's assuming they've set up their subscriptions and viewing properly. (Which would be the same with Member Tools.)

It also wouldn't work for any visitors or anyone else except members who have had their membership records moved into the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Member Tools Calendar link / redirect

Post by sbradshaw »

Member Tools doesn't support custom protocol handlers (such as membertools://) or universal/app links (opening the app using https://). I'd recommend sending feedback requesting it (I agree that it would be useful).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Member Tools”