Members have incorrect family names in directory

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
Pollerton

Members have incorrect family names in directory

Post by Pollerton »

I'm a clerk in a married student ward, and we have two couples who are listed under the wrong family name in Tools. When you click on their name and go to the household screen, everything is correct there. Everything is correct in LCR as well.

Is there anything I can do to fix that? Thanks.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Members have incorrect family names in directory

Post by rmrichesjr »

In LCR, are the incorrect family names in the 'Preferred Name' box? If so, fixing that box should solve it.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Also check the Household name (open the Member Profile for one spouse, click on the Household tab and then click on the Edit Household button at the bottom).
TrevorjBurn

Post by TrevorjBurn »

I'm a clerk in a married student ward and have seen this as well in Member Tools. We have two couples who are listed under the wrong family name, however, the correct family name is shown when you view the household screen. In LCR the family names are correct in the 'Preferred Name' box and the household name is correct after clicking on the Edit Household button.

Is there another place where this can be corrected?

Thank you.
andrewhardy

Post by andrewhardy »

I am a clerk in my ward. We just had a couple move into our ward and I am getting the same issue. Everything shows up normal except in the directory, their last name is different from what their records are showing (it is his mothers last name, his parents are divorced, and they were previously living with her before moving in).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you've checked the different name boxes, including household name, then I'd call support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

andrewhardy wrote:(it is his mothers last name, his parents are divorced, and they were previously living with her before moving in).
Check the household name in the Household tab. Click the Edit Household Name button to see what is there and, if necessary, change it to correlate with the family name. The previous ward's clerk may have changed the household name to group the family with the mother in the ward directory.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

andrewhardy wrote:I am a clerk in my ward. We just had a couple move into our ward and I am getting the same issue. Everything shows up normal except in the directory, their last name is different from what their records are showing (it is his mothers last name, his parents are divorced, and they were previously living with her before moving in).
Call the Global Service Desk on this one. You won't be able to fix it. The problem has been documented by the developers, but the specific system causing the issue hasn't been isolated. It promises to be a fun one to resolve.

Return to “Member Tools”