LDS Tools won't complete syncing

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
davesudweeks

Re: LDS Tools won't complete syncing

Post by davesudweeks »

wyattJackson06 wrote:
russellhltn wrote:
wyattJackson06 wrote:I sugest that you read up on Amazon freetime.
How does freetime relate to Member Tools? I don't see a connection.
Sorry, I ment that you read up on some of the innner workings of Freetime so that you can understand how member tools is still avaible in a search. If this isn't of interest to you then you can ignore it.
I don't own a Kindle device and dropped Amazon Prime after the first year we tried it several years ago. According to the FreeTime Unlimited page, those with Amazon Prime can pay an additional monthly fee to access what is billed as "child-friendly content." Parental controls are built-in which is a good feature. Those without Amazon Prime can pay a higher monthly fee to access the same content. I could not find an app list without signing up for a subscription.

However, for the cost of an Amazon Prime account and the monthly subscription fee, I can replace a mid-range Android tablet or phone every couple of years instead which will give me a current OS version and updated hardware. I don't see the cost benefit of going this route just to have member tools. I suppose this might be a worthwhile option for those who already keep an annual Amazon Prime account and an annual/monthly FreeTime subscription.

Just my 2-cents. It's a good thing there are different options out there for us to individually consider.
unixguy

Post by unixguy »

Just came across this while trying to debug my wife's issue on her kindle8, led tools acts like it's starting to sync and then immediately goes back to the login screen. She is a seminary teacher.

I thought mine (also kindle 8) was fine, then discovered it hadn't synced since Jan 25, 2018 (1.5 years ago). Primary use for my kindle was lessons, and I wasn't in a leadership role until about 3 months ago.

Lds tools 3.2.1 for both of us. It works fine for us on our Android phones, and lds.library is working fine.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

unixguy wrote:Lds tools 3.2.1 for both of us. It works fine for us on our Android phones,
Check what version you have on your phones. Current is 3.6.1.

It sounds like you have old versions on your tablets.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
unixguy

Post by unixguy »

What do we do to get a more recent version into the Amazon app store? Or what would account for me not being able to get the latest version from the app store?
jacksonlavonne@gmail.com

Post by jacksonlavonne@gmail.com »

I have not been able to use member tools for over 2 months. I have sent messages to techs on this and tried everything they suggested and still nothing. It gets to the syncing process and then stops and the message member tools is unavailable at this time. So frustrated cant connect with anyone except on Sunday at church.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What you describe sounds like an old version of Tools. See if you can update to current. You need to have Android 5 or better.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cord

Post by cord »

Still happening as of tonight. I have android 6.0.1 so dont try and tell me its ny android version being below 5. This needs a real fix, the problem is obviously on the apps side.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Except I'd be expecting a ton of messages if this affected a significant percentage of the users. Sure, it could be the app, but it's bring brought out by something in your environment. Are you running a VPN or some internet filtering app? Even if you're running Android 6, you still could be running an old version of the app.

rochelley1

Post by rochelley1 »

I am having this issue and 100% agree about the access issue. I am primary secretary and it won’t let me in my account but I can log in under my daughter’s account just fine on my phone. My access has to be the problem. Has there been a fix found???
stumblefall

Post by stumblefall »

Not working for me or the other members of my meeting. Lots of different phones and platforms here. Tried to reinstall...oops! Now I can't get in at all. Sigh.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”