LDS Tools won't complete syncing

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
crowderj

Re: LDS Tools won't complete syncing

Post by crowderj »

I have been using LDS tools just fine over the last couple of years on my iPhone ( 8 Plus) but all of a sudden, it won't sync with the app. It keeps telling me to check my username and password however the same username and password works for me on accessing my back office of the church site on my desktop. I haven't changed to a different phone or done anything different on my setup. I did uninstall the Tools app and tried it again on the new app install and it still doesn't work. I don't know where to turn for support so I hope I can get some help ASAP as I am in a leadership position and rely upon it all the time to help me as an EQ President. Thanks for your help and I look forward to your reply.
shf1

Post by shf1 »

I have the same problem: Member Tools says it is down for maintenance; I can't login. This is true both on my Android and Apple phones.
I tried changing the password for my member account. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
I can sign in to the website/account on a computer. But Member Tools/LDS Tools continues with this 'down for maintenance' message. My wife does not have this problem on her phone.

If someone finds a solution, please post!
ryanbenjaminsmith

Post by ryanbenjaminsmith »

I’m the same way..it’s hard to do my calling without accesss.
ClarkKVarner

Post by ClarkKVarner »

I don’t know if this is still an issue for people, but I had th ward clerk remove my profile image and household image. I signed out and then back in and now it won’t sync. It isn’t an incorrect password issue as I tried and incorrect password and it gave me a different message. All I get when I sign in and try to sync is an error message after a few seconds.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ClarkKVarner wrote:I don’t know if this is still an issue for people, but I had th ward clerk remove my profile image and household image.
Was it syncing OK before you had that removed?
As a test, you might consider having him add an image and see if that fixes it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jnnfrdxn

Post by jnnfrdxn »

Mine won't sync and I have made no changes to my profile (Galaxy Note 9). I've been trying since Sunday - it just says "Tools Services are unavailable. Please try again later." I figured 3 days would be "later"...
RebeccaLAllen

Post by RebeccaLAllen »

Syncing fails on iPhone 10 as well as of March 2020.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

RebeccaLAllen wrote:Syncing fails on iPhone 10 as well as of March 2020.
If your iPhone is on iOS 10, iOS 10 is no longer supported on Member Tools. More informaton here: viewtopic.php?f=118&t=34347
kwajdad

Post by kwajdad »

I am an assistant Ward Clerk over membership and mine won't sync or update either. Like others I have deleted and reloaded. It asks for my login which I do, it goes to updating again but never completes before my iphone (6S) blanks out. I used to log in just by finger ID but that is long gone. My web LDS access works fine. How will we know when it is fixed??? David Hamill
michaelsteel

Post by michaelsteel »

I am a counselor in the EQ presidency and used to be able to log in just fine and update my tools as needed. Since a couple of weeks ago I can no longer get on as it asks me to log in and then tries to sync and after 4-6 minutes of waiting and nothing, it tells me it failed or to try again later.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”