Viewing calendar in LDS Tools

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
cyberrick1

Viewing calendar in LDS Tools

Post by cyberrick1 »

I'm the building scheduler for my stake and just can't seem to figure out what is shown in the calendar when viewing in the app. I get members who ask why they can't see the reservation l made for them. I can see it in LDS Tools but they can't. Are members only able to see the building schedule for the building where their ward meets? Does it have to do with what calendar I scheduled it into?

Any help would be appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Viewing calendar in LDS Tools

Post by russellhltn »

First off, the calendar system doesn't support one person doing all the scheduling of a building. Each unit needs to do it's own scheduling. You only get involved in setting restrictions (if needed), and intervening when there's a problem. Granted, one person doing all the scheduling was the traditional way it was done back in the era of paper. But no longer makes as much sense in the computer era.

Odds are, what's happening is you're placing in item on the building calendar, but the only place the building calendar can be viewed is on the web page. It does not appear in the URL sync and it's not in Member Tools.

While there are valid reasons for placing something on a building calendar, most church events should be placed on the appropriate unit calendar so members can see it. Done right, it not only do the members see the event, but it blocks off use of the building for that specific event - something restrictions cannot do.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Viewing calendar in LDS Tools

Post by jdlessley »

Note that LDS Tools is no longer supported. The most current version of that app is now Member Tools. Any attempts to use LDS Tools that has not been updated to Member Tools will run into inability to sync and display correct or current data.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Android Member Tools App”