lds tools on iphone / ipad off by 1 day following March 15, 2013

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
kirkmeyers

lds tools on iphone / ipad off by 1 day following March 15, 2013

Post by kirkmeyers »

Using lds tools 2.1.2 on iphone / ipad. Calendar items from the web seemed to be merged together on Friday, March 2013 and then all subsequent events are showing up one day early. For example; St. Patrick's Day is added to our "holiday" calendar on the web for Monday, Mar 17, 2013 and show's up that way on the web. However, when viewing in lds tools on iphone and ipad it shows up on Saturday, March 16, 2013. Once again all events PRIOR to March 15, 2013 are showing up correctly...all events ON and AFTER March 15, 2013 are wrong. I did check this on someone's adroid phone and it did not seem to appear there, however, I did not check what version he was using on android. I'm attaching a photo of both the website view of the calendar at this time and of the iphone view in lds tools.
calendar.jpg
(95.4 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
iphone.jpg
iphone.jpg (14.92 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What country are you in? Since the US goes on Daylight savings March 11, I wouldn't be surprised to see a bug that causes all-day events to get messed up right around that date.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marcporter

Re: lds tools on iphone / ipad off by 1 day following March

Post by marcporter »

I have a related issue. Someone pointed out that an event on March 24 shows it starts an hour early on the iOS LDS tools. It is fine online and on the android LDS Tools. Further investigation revealed that all events after daylight savings are off by an hour on the iPad.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

This has been reported to the developers and appears to have been fixed in 2.1.3 of lds tool iOS.

As of the moment this is still in beta!

I made an error when I checked the date change, for the UK, and discovered that in fact it hasnt been fixed :(
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Biggles wrote:This has been reported to the developers and appears to have been fixed in 2.1.3 of lds tool iOS.

As of the moment this is still in beta!

I made an error when I checked the date change, for the UK, and discovered that in fact it hasnt been fixed :(
A further update to this! The bug, as such has been fixed, but requires a simple workaround by just syncing/updating the data after the change of time to DST etc.. This happens because in ios versions, the calender don't auto sync! This isn't an ideal solution, but at least the times get back to where they should be!

I'd forgotten the workaround when I responded earlier. :confused:
simah

Post by simah »

I'm dealing with the one-hour difference error as well, and the syncing/updating workaround mentioned doesn't resolve the issue. Will the workaround only work after the release of 2.1.3? If so, any word on timing of 2.1.3 release?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

simah wrote:I'm dealing with the one-hour difference error as well, and the syncing/updating workaround mentioned doesn't resolve the issue. Will the workaround only work after the release of 2.1.3? If so, any word on timing of 2.1.3 release?
For now, the syncing workaround only works after the date of the change to or from daylight saving time.

We are told that the problem is fixed in version 2.1.3. We have not been given a release date for that version of the software (and probably will not be). Someone usually tells us when it is released to the Apple store, and then we all deliciously watch for a few days until it actually appears.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”