LDS.org down for maintenance when trying to sync

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
taaronbennett

Re: LDS.org down for maintenance when trying to sync

Post by taaronbennett »

I've had this issue for what's felt like a year. Just bought a brand new iPhone XS running IOS 13.3. Was super excited to finally have access to LDS/Member Tools again. But, Nooooooo.... "Down for Maintenance..."

This wouldn't be nearly so frustrating if we still printed ward lists, or sent out proper notifications with addresses on them. Instead, everyone in the ward assumes that everyone has access to this thing and only provides cryptic texts like "Meet at the Smiths at 4. Oh, that's the newer Smiths too." I don't know who the Smiths are, let alone where they live, and I'm tired of looking like the ward idiot having to text back requesting an address, waiting for their inevitable reply of "check LDS Tools," then having my inevitable reply of how it doesn't work for me because my phone is too old.

I, sort-of, understand why you would lock out older operating systems. But now it's not even working on a brand new one.

Please fix this.

Find a solution for ward members who can't afford the latest devices, and get it working for those that do.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

taaronbennett wrote:Please fix this.
Please read through the posts before yours in this topic to learn about the problem and how it is being addressed. Also, this is a user-to-user forum, so no one here will be able to do anything about the problem. There are other numerous topics on this same subject here at the forum that will shed some light on the issue.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'll add that Sundays are particularly bad times to sync.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”