Mormon Channel on WP8

Any discussions around the Mormon Radio Channel App on various mobile and electronic devices
jkentner

Mormon Channel on WP8

Post by jkentner »

I have a Nokia Lumia 920 (my wife also), and the Mormon Channel is not listed in the store? I previously had a WP7 device and it was there. Is it not available for WP8 yet?
clintsinger

Re: Mormon Channel on WP8

Post by clintsinger »

Hi jkentner,

I am the community developer for Mormon Channel on the Windows Phone and first of all I would like to apologize that it isn't in the app store any more.

There have been a few issues where it would lose a connection and not reconnect without switching to a different stream. The Church also updated it's services for the new Mormon Channel software.

I have unfortunately not had a lot of time to devote to the project for the last 6-7 months but have recently tried to fit a bit more time into it. While I can't give any kind of timeline for when it will be released, do know that there is someone working on it :)

Cheers,
Clint
jkentner

Post by jkentner »

Thanks for the update, and all of your efforts!
mertzjames

Post by mertzjames »

clintsinger wrote:Hi jkentner,

I am the community developer for Mormon Channel on the Windows Phone and first of all I would like to apologize that it isn't in the app store any more.

There have been a few issues where it would lose a connection and not reconnect without switching to a different stream. The Church also updated it's services for the new Mormon Channel software.

I have unfortunately not had a lot of time to devote to the project for the last 6-7 months but have recently tried to fit a bit more time into it. While I can't give any kind of timeline for when it will be released, do know that there is someone working on it :)

Cheers,
Clint

I'm a starting out Windows Phone/Windows RT dev and would like to join the Windows project. Any way of going about and doing this?
leonardomaia

Post by leonardomaia »

Hi, I'm Brazilian and I miss of the apps for WP in Portuguese. Do You know when it will be developer??

Sorry my english. ;)
Leonardo Maia
dkmortensen

Post by dkmortensen »

I have a Lumia 920. Last fall I installed Mormon Channel app on it. It's worked forever since. Every night we have our family prayer, then watch a Gospel Stories video. We frequently do so on my Lumia 920, and never do we have a problem with the videos playing back. So whatever problem the app has, it's apparently something I never use.

At the same time I got my Lumia 920, my wife also got one. Her's has been damaged & replaced via insurance. Unfortunately we're not able reinstall the Mormon Channel app on her new phone. Several times she has attempted to open the app, and then remembered that it is no longer available for WP8.

I sure wish it would be republished. Kind of stinks that WP7 has an app that WP8 does not. Especially considering that WP7 has been a legacy platform now for over 1 year since Microsoft released WP8.

How do we hasten the WP8 development?

Thanks!! :-)

-
Doug
strattao

Post by strattao »

Just wanted to say that I still miss the Mormon Channel app on WP8... Wish I had it back.

Return to “Mormon Radio Channel”