What's in Lesson Schedules 2.2?

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
mevans

What's in Lesson Schedules 2.2?

Post by mevans »

I logged into Lesson Schedules today and see a big box telling me version 2.2 has been released. Is there anything new we should be aware of?
mstauff

Re: What's in Lesson Schedules 2.2?

Post by mstauff »

Mostly backend fixes (mainly to support the JFS manual), and a few minor bug fixes.
mevans

Post by mevans »

mstauff wrote:Mostly backend fixes (mainly to support the JFS manual)...
mstauff...you already fixed the JFS manual on Dec 6. I think the new fix may have broken it again. Please see this thread.
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

The original fix was a band aid workaround, and the JFS manual was not available in most other languages until the 2.2 release. The 2.2 release provided the long term fix, and allowed the JFS manual to be used in other languages. Unfortunately the long term fix was not what I expected it to be when I did the earlier band-aid, which resulted in the any courses that had been created (or lessons reordered) during the band-aid period to be out of order with the final fix. I'm sorry for the confusion, and wish we could have come up with a better solution, but as noted in other threads users should be able to run "insert missing lessons" one more time to get chapters back in the correct order.

The long term fix should also provide a better solution going forward to prevent this from happening again, but we'll have to monitor the data that is sent to us a little more closely in the future to make sure we don't have a repeat.

Again, I'm sorry for the mix up, and the confusion, and hopefully we can do better going forward.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Thanks. This is sufficient info to know how to proceed.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”