Sending Messages from LCR Inconsistent

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jordantsmith

Sending Messages from LCR Inconsistent

Post by jordantsmith »

Hi,

When we send out a message via LCR to the whole ward, there are several people who do not receive it. If I send an individual message to one of those people directly, they do receive it. Has anyone else experienced this?
davesudweeks

Re: Sending Messages from LCR Inconsistent

Post by davesudweeks »

We have experienced this with members who are on SBCGlobal or Yahoo mail. SBCGlobal uses Yahoo for it's mail service, as I understand, and Yahoo does not play well with "spoofed" email addresses. Spoofing is how the church sends the email that looks like it came from you when it actually came from the church server. It is a valid technique, but is also used by hackers and others up to no good.

I know of no convenient work-around short of the affected members setting up a different email service and using that as their personal email on their church account. This happened to one of our bishopric members and once he changed to another email service he began receiving the emails. There are several good free mail services that could be used.

A few other thoughts:
1. the send a message tool only sends to the "individual" email address. If members do not have an email address recorded as their individual email, they will not receive the Send a Message emails, even if the address is the same as the one recorded as a household email.
2. if a member is unable or unwilling to change their email service provider, someone could take the responsibility to forward the Send a Message email to them which should get through as it will be coming from the member. I did this for our bishopric member (mentioned above) until he got a new email address set up.
3. some other posts in the forum indicate the BYU email service does not forward emails received from the Send a Message function so if this could be the problem.
rootbeericecream

Post by rootbeericecream »

We've experienced issues with .pdf attachments sent to sbcglobal emails. The attachments are marked corrupted, and that particular recipient cannot read.
We've filed tickets with the church to correct, but nothing has happened.

See thread... viewtopic.php?f=112&t=32665
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rootbeericecream wrote:We've experienced issues with .pdf attachments sent toc sbcglobal emails. The attachments are marked corrupted, and that particular recipient cannot read.
I'd suggest having the user file a ticket wtih sbcglobal.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”