Names of submitters

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
zaneclark

Names of submitters

Post by zaneclark »

I am still trying to get our stake and ward leaders to post their own items on the Newsletter, but until that happens, they send me the items me to post. I just added an announcement on a stake women's conference and noticed that my name appears as the submitter. Is there any way to keep my name from appearing on items that clearly did not originate with me?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Names of submitters

Post by jdlessley »

No. I have issues with that ability. I do agree it would be good to show a POC for the information. But as an administrator I want to know who actually pressed the Save button. That way if there are issues or questions about the technical side of the submission I know who to contact.

As a work around you can place as the first line of the article something that identifies who the real author is or who the POC is. Since you can include links, you can set up an "e-mail to:" link.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
NiaNetane

Post by NiaNetane »

Hi, We are just starting to use our "Stake Newsletter". Since we are in the early stages, we are uploading articles. How can my name not appear as the submitter. I understand writing the authors name ( POC) on the subject line, but I still don't want mine to show up. How can I remove it?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

NiaNetane wrote:How can I remove it?
You can't for now. The person who physically submits the article to the newsletter is the name that is displayed and it will be that way until there is a release to include a feature change .
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Post by mevans »

jdlessley wrote:...until there is a release to include a feature change .
NiaNetane...you've recently joined and might not know how things work with the church's tools. jdlessley said "until there is a release". It might be better said "if there is a release".

We rarely know when or if the church is going to update any tools and what those updates will contain. In short, don't put your project on hold waiting for an update that lets you change who is the author. Find a way to work with the tool the way it works now and use it. It's not perfect, but it's usable and I encourage you to use it.

Submit your feedback requesting this feature through the feedback link found on many lds.org pages...that's how you make sure the decision makers hear your opinion.

Return to “Newsletter”